Please Show Who Their Home / Visiting Teachers Are

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Please Show Who Their Home / Visiting Teachers Are

Post by sbradshaw »

Viewing home and visiting teaching information will be included in LDS Tools 2.5 (the next version).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BrianTAllen

Post by BrianTAllen »

That's great news! Thanks for the update.
barkerm79

Post by barkerm79 »

I hope that Mission Leaders will be included as those who will be able to view Home/Visiting Teachers for a family. As Home/Visiting Teachers can be of great assistance in reactivating less-active members or help with part-member families.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Permissions in LDS Tools follow the decisions made for Leader and Clerk Resources – if you don't have access to see a report in Leader and Clerk Resources, you won't be able to in LDS Tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

barkerm79 wrote:I hope that Mission Leaders will be included as those who will be able to view Home/Visiting Teachers for a family. As Home/Visiting Teachers can be of great assistance in reactivating less-active members or help with part-member families.
If think that such a thing would be done as a ward council.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

barkerm79 wrote:I hope that Mission Leaders will be included as those who will be able to view Home/Visiting Teachers for a family. As Home/Visiting Teachers can be of great assistance in reactivating less-active members or help with part-member families.
sbradshaw wrote:Permissions in LDS Tools follow the decisions made for Leader and Clerk Resources – if you don't have access to see a report in Leader and Clerk Resources, you won't be able to in LDS Tools.
Or to put it more positively, since Ward Mission Leaders already have access to view HT/VT for a family in LCR, they will also have access to view that information in LDS Tools, once the HT/VT features are added to LDS Tools.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Thanks for clarifying – I wasn't sure and I was too lazy to check the access table. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:and I was too lazy to check the access table. :)
It wouldn't have done you any good. HT/VT permissions haven't been added to it yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonathandkeller

Post by jonathandkeller »

Just for clarification- I have had legions of members ask me as ast ward clerk to be able to see who their home teacher is and many elders/high priest members ask me for access to see who they home teach on lds tools. Can you let me know if this will be accessible in the next 2.5 version of lds tools? And when will that come out- the date? jon keller ast ward clerk Mt pleasant sc
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The church rarely gives a time-line for changes until imminent or implemented. This is no exception.

If you need the information to make a decision, I'd suggest expecting it later than sooner.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”