tools not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
zaneclark

tools not working

Post by zaneclark »

Tools comes up blank when I do a download refresh... I deleted the app, reloaded it with the same results... Could this be related to the Directory not online? I only shows the "Down for Maintenance" signal.....
jexbjorn

Post by jexbjorn »

Same problem. Deleted app and reinstalled. No change-still no data and/or it won't sync/download data.
beckhome

No data

Post by beckhome »

Same as the other two posts, deleted hard reset my iPhone, downloaded the app again, connected to my computer and synced and no data, although some reports still appear.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Confirmed, blank pages after a sync that failed to complete. Cannot get a sync to complete or use LDS Tools now.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

At weekends, at the moment, it would appear that the Church servers are under quite a strain. I've gleaned this information from other postings in the Forum. This may be why you are having syncing problems!
robertsdc

LDS tools and LDS gospel library - no content!!!!!

Post by robertsdc »

This is not a reply, per say but, an echo of the lds tools complaint posted by another user.

Since yesterday (10-28-12) when the app prompted me that new content was available to download, my iPhone 4 lds tools app does not have content after I tried to download the update. Also, even though I have tried numerous times, the LDS gospel library app has no content (for three weeks now!!!!) It just loads the shell even when I tried to manage the library and try to reload content item by item. I have deleted both apps and reinstalled them over 4 times each! I just got back from the AT&T store. The clerk initially had problems downloading gospel library content onto her ipad but, it worked after a short delay. She tried various solutions, including deleting and reloading the apps onto my iphone 4 but, with no luck. The wiki and forum articles have been no help. The problem is not solved with Apple OS6.

By the way, I have downloaded a couple of other non-church apps since the problems with the gospel library app and have had no problem with them functioning, as designed.

I would really like someone who really knows how to fix these problems to call me or email me (robertsdc@ldschurch.org). The timing of the tools app going down, yesterday, could not have come at a worse time for me. The on-going gospel library problem is really frustrating, as I could have used it numerous times on a recent business trip.

I have an international trip coming up in which I could really use these apps.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

I've had trouble with the LDS Tools with the last-before-current (2.1.1) update. LDS Tools kept crashing. I reported it, never got a response, but then the 2.1.1 update was posted and it works (I think). Haven't looked closely at the calendar portion yet, though.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Confirmed, blank pages after a sync that failed to complete. Cannot get a sync to complete or use LDS Tools now.

Ran another Sync a couple of days ago and data is all back again :-)
KaryBurke

Post by KaryBurke »

It has been two weeks since the new version of the LDS tools was released. Synching is still not working. Can anyone give us an update as to when it will be corrected? I understand that there are issues with new systems and software but complete silence on the issue is unprofessional and unacceptable.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

karyburke wrote:It has been two weeks since the new version of the LDS tools was released. Synching is still not working. Can anyone give us an update as to when it will be corrected? I understand that there are issues with new systems and software but complete silence on the issue is unprofessional and unacceptable.
Sometimes, in very unusual cases, the data can become so corrupted that the only action that will remedy this is to totally delete the app and reinstall from scratch. Unfortunately this will mean the loss of any custom lists etc. :(

There is a Clear All Data option under Settings, try this before deleting the app though. However at the moment I would refrain from trying any syncing of data, on a Sunday, until the Church servers are upgraded.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”