LDS Tools built for Desktop (Mac App Store)

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
sammythesm

LDS Tools built for Desktop (Mac App Store)

Post by sammythesm »

Quick question for the team:

I sure would like to use LDS Tools on my Mac (desktop). Can the app easily be built and distributed through the Mac App store as well?

I understand there would be some serious challenges in terms of supporting more platforms. I wouldn't want the team to lose focus. This should still be a mobile/tablet app primarily. However, it would make a great quick-reference app for my desktop, and the code must be very portable between the two.

Thanks in advance!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LDS Tools' focus is the mobile devices community. Desktop users go directly to LDS.org and use the Tools there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sheimdal

Re:

Post by sheimdal »

jdlessley wrote:LDS Tools' focus is the mobile devices community. Desktop users go directly to LDS.org and use the Tools there.
Does the iOS app sync with lds.org? Otherwise it’s useless to use lds.org this way.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Re:

Post by sbradshaw »

sheimdal wrote:
jdlessley wrote:LDS Tools' focus is the mobile devices community. Desktop users go directly to LDS.org and use the Tools there.
Does the iOS app sync with lds.org? Otherwise it’s useless to use lds.org this way.
Yes, LDS Tools for iOS and LDS Tools for Android get their data from, and sync with, LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Uhrich

Re: LDS Tools built for Desktop (Mac App Store)

Post by Uhrich »

But the new formats on LDS.org is very hard to see and work with. Since they changes it, for the worst I might add it is not theleast bit user friendly. I wish they gave us the option to use the old format
virginiacbryson

Post by virginiacbryson »

I cannot access the entire stake by ward (RS President of a different ward, for instance) using the Mac desktop iOS churchofjesuschrist.org. It makes it very difficult to communicate to other ward leaders when I am limited to my iphone only. Long messages, for instance.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

virginiacbryson wrote:I cannot access the entire stake by ward (RS President of a different ward, for instance) using the Mac desktop iOS churchofjesuschrist.org. It makes it very difficult to communicate to other ward leaders when I am limited to my iphone only. Long messages, for instance.
You should be able to access contact information for leaders in another ward in your stake, on a desktop/laptop computer.
1. Go to Directory.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, or go to ChurchofJesusChrist.org and choose "Ward Directory and Map" from the "My Account and Ward" menu.
2. Sign in, if you're not already signed in.
3. On the left sidebar, you should see the name of your ward. Click the drop-down arrow next to the ward name, and choose a different ward.
4. After the other ward loads, click "Organizations" at the bottom.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”