Export LDS Tools contacts to Gmail?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
cheriejones

Re: Export LDS Tools contacts to Gmail?

Post by cheriejones »

So, just to confirm - It is not possible for LDS Tools contacts to be automatically associated to incoming calls in a way that also keeps caller contact info up to date and synced with LDS Tools? Exporting the ward directory & uploading them into Gmail or some other contact list works ok at a point in time, but you won’t get any future updates or changes to that info unless you run that export/import regularly or you manually maintain your contacts to keep them in sync with LDS Tools, right? I just switched from an Android to an iPhone and I was really surprised to find that feature didn’t work on iPhones. I miss it!
toddjconklin

Post by toddjconklin »

Thanks! I'll give that a try on Sunday.

PS. Jcarrol, no idea why I called you Josh.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:The only downside is you have to go to an MLS computer to do it.
Question: how would you remove families from your phone when they move out? New families can be fixed with another import. But keeping your "church contacts" separate from some of your rarely used personal/personal business contacts wouldn't be fun unless there's a way to track them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Question: how would you remove families from your phone when they move out?
Manually, one at a time, a painful process if you load them all. I add members to my contacts list as they call me or when I will be calling them. I keep many after they move, because I still enjoy being in contact with them.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Question: how would you remove families from your phone when they move out? New families can be fixed with another import. But keeping your "church contacts" separate from some of your rarely used personal/personal business contacts wouldn't be fun unless there's a way to track them.
On Apple Contacts (iOS/Mac), you can organize your contacts into groups. I think Gmail lets you do something similar.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I think Gmail lets you do something similar.
It does, but I'm not sure how that would work with a mass import.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
toddjconklin

Post by toddjconklin »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I think Gmail lets you do something similar.
It does, but I'm not sure how that would work with a mass import.
I just set up a separate google account under "xyz"ward@gmail.com and then sync it to my iphone, so then I can just toggle that group on or off, or toggle all the others off and leave that one on if I want to see only ward contacts for a particular reason.
toddjconklin

Post by toddjconklin »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Question: how would you remove families from your phone when they move out?
Manually, one at a time, a painful process if you load them all. I add members to my contacts list as they call me or when I will be calling them. I keep many after they move, because I still enjoy being in contact with them.
I don't think it's too big a deal. From the phone, yes it would be annoying. But I just go into google contacts on the computer and tick all the ones that I don't need any more and delete. It takes 30 seconds. If i want to keep them as personal contacts I would copy them over to my personal gmail account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

toddjconklin wrote:I just set up a separate google account under "xyz"ward@gmail.com and then sync it to my iphone, so then I can just toggle that group on or off
There you go! But I figured it's a plan you want in place before you do a mass import and comingle ward and personal contacts.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”