Ministering assignment in LDS tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
psorrell

Ministering assignment in LDS tools

Post by psorrell »

I have an Android device. When I look for my ministering assignment on my household member page, I am not able to see my ministering assignment. My husband, using an I-pad can see his assignment. Is there some setting or something I need to do to enable this feature on my android?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering assignment in LDS tools

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you have the current version of the app. Right now, mine is 3.5.4.

You also mention "household". I'd suggest going to your individual page. Brothers Minister to households, Sisters Minister to individuals.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
psorrell

Post by psorrell »

I have the current version (3.5.4). When I look on my individual page, I do not see anything. I am able to manually enter the sisters I am assigned to on a list, but I was under the impression that my assignment would have been populated with the information put into "the system" by my Relief Society presidency.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's my impression as well. You might want to check with them and make sure they've made the assignments "live" and that you've synced since they made it live.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
psorrell

Post by psorrell »

Thanks! I will follow-up with my Relief Society counselor. I appreciate your help.
Glennamp

Post by Glennamp »

I checked settings and the software version on my Android and all was correct..higher versions than required but still, :) no Ministering assignments were showing.

I went to Settings and clicked on sync and Voila! I have my Ministering assignments and those who are assigned to minister to me in Tools!

Easy peasy! :-)
munaish

Post by munaish »

Hmm. I thought you couldn't see ministering assignments unless you had a certain calling. I was the Elders Quorum secretary, and I could see them then, but right after I got released, I couldn't see them (even for me) anymore. Or maybe I'm thinking of seeing who ministers to me, rather. That was a while ago, though (I can't use Member Tools until they update the app on Amazon).
Last edited by munaish on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mark_h_dewey wrote:Hmm. I thought you couldn't see ministering assignments unless you had a certain calling.
You can see your own. You can't see others unless you have certain callings.

munaish

Post by munaish »

Thanks. I just edited that. I think it was I couldn't see who ministered to me, but I could see who I ministered to.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You should be able to see both. Ministering is a bit challenging because you will get none or part of all of it, depending on how busy the servers are at the time you sync. And the server will not tell you how much you got.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”