LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
LynnGreene

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by LynnGreene »

My husband is stake clerk and can no longer sync on his android Samsung S7. This is a huge problem and needs tech help right away. Gets the message lds tools is not available. I can sync on the same WiFi connection on my android without issues.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

LynnGreene wrote:This is a huge problem and needs tech help right away.
Trust me, this problem has the full attention of the folks at Church headquarters who are trying to solve the problem.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

Not sure if this helps everyone - but here are a couple of pieces that may help:

1. It appears that those in leadership positions (like Elders Quorum Presidency or Relief Society Presidency) who have expanded access to ministering are experiencing the syncing problems. The problem does not appear to be universal Android.
2. The feedback I received back from technical support was that the Android services are experiencing some difficulties and that I should use the BETA version until it is fixed.
3. The BETA version is working for syncing and worked on both my devices (phone and tablet).

Hope this information is helpful for others.
awerrett

Post by awerrett »

I am an assistant stake clerk using a Samsung S9+ and having the same problem. Please post how to access the beta version of the app. Thank you
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

awerrett wrote:I am an assistant stake clerk using a Samsung S9+ and having the same problem. Please post how to access the beta version of the app. Thank you
Unless the help center is out of date, the instructions are here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/join-t ... ng#android
alonzogaskill

Post by alonzogaskill »

I have had this same problem for several days. I too have tired uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent version. I'm a counselor in the stake presidency, and have needed the information available through the app.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

alonzogaskill wrote:I . . . have needed the information available through the app.
Until the app is fixed, or the associated problem is found, you will either need to obtain the information you desire online through Leader and Clerk Resources or, if you are adventurous, install the beta version of the app.
SmithTH

Post by SmithTH »

Just installed the beta version and hit the same problem with shutting down at about 80% of sync. I'm also a counselor in EQ. Hope this is fixed soon.
markdallon

Post by markdallon »

After having no lds tools for 3 weeks because it won't sync, I just downloaded the app with an update from Feb 20 that said it's to "fix sync problems". It still won't sync on my galaxy S9....now it says "LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later."

Ugh!
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

The Android sync problem has been fixed with the latest release of the app at the Google play store. Version 3.54 will work and the sync will complete. The fix happened last Thursday evening -- so this new version should work. I tested it on a phone and a tablet. Good luck to all.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”