LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
deeter84

LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by deeter84 »

I have a Samsung phone. IOS 8.0.8. As of last week I can't get it to complete the syncing. It gets to about the end and then tells me "LDS Directory Services are unavailable. Please try again later." This has been going on for over a week. Others around me have no problem syncing. Please help. This is very frustrating.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by russellhltn »

What version of LDS Tools?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
EzraSeu

Post by EzraSeu »

I have the exact same problem, syncs to about 70-80% then crashes. I have a Samsung s7 with the latest update on LDS Tools. However, I can log on using my wifes Lds login details. It may be a membership access issue? Due to my calling and access to membership info?? Anyone else have the same problem??
kerwinsevilla

Post by kerwinsevilla »

I'm also not able to complete the process. It just returns to the log in screen. I have unistalled it and downloaded the newest version in playstore, but it still won't work like before. I was hoping to use it for training the Elders' Quorum and Relief Society presidencies on recording ministering interviews. Thanks.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

LDS tools for Android has stopped syncing for both phones and tablets. I have tried to de-install and re-install and it is still the same. Please advises us. I am not the only one this is happening to. Can we please have at least some update? Thanks.
CSS1999

Post by CSS1999 »

EzraSeu wrote:However, I can log on using my wifes Lds login details. It may be a membership access issue? Due to my calling and access to membership info?? Anyone else have the same problem??
In my conversation with someone in a different thread, we have the same theory; it has to do with the calling you hold (and more specifically, what information you have access to because of that calling). I would mention this if you use the app's "Send Feedback" feature. Hopefully the project team can find the problem and get this fixed soon!
nlboylan

Post by nlboylan »

My LDS tools doesnt sync either. I have an Android 8 and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the LDS tools and it still won't sync. If it is calling related (which I doubt it) I am a relief society president and need access to this information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nlboylan wrote:My LDS tools doesnt sync either. I have an Android 8 and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the LDS tools and it still won't sync. If it is calling related (which I doubt it) I am a relief society president and need access to this information.
I know that they are actively working on the problem. Some have posted that those without leadership positions have been able to sync, but those with leadership positions, such as you and I, have not. Ultimately, that may not be the problem, but whatever the problem is seems to still have them puzzled.

Just before posting, I tried to sync again and still was not able to do so. I miss the information, as well.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I just tried and had no problems syncing.
Ward assistant clerk.
Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

Just tried to sync and it did NOT work. I am a first counselor in the Elders Quorum. If I had to guess - it has to do with the ministering access capability. If you are in a leadership position with ministering access - you CANNOT sync. Others who are not in leadership to see all ministering assignments can sync. I could be wrong -- but that is what seem to be experiencing in our ward. Relief Society first counselor and myself cannot sync. Others can.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”