LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
PAJ1979

LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Post by PAJ1979 »

Hello there,
I purchased a new Android phone because my old one system was old to install the LDS tools app. I got this new Android Galaxy J7 Star, Android Vesion 8.0.0 and was able to install the app, changed my user name and password, removed and re-installed LSD tools, but still it will not sync. once it gets to the end says some of these three messages:
1. LDS tools has stopped, open app again.
2. LDS Tools stopped close the app.
3. LDS tools Services are unavailable, please try again later.

I am able to login to LSD.org and other accounts (Familysearch, Gospel Library)

Let me know if you can help me on this regard,

Thanks,

Paul Ross
User Name: paj1979
deeter84

Re: LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Post by deeter84 »

I have the same problem. Same phone & Operating System. My phone has worked for over a year though and just stopped about a week ago. I can log into Gospel Library but not LDS Tools. Very frustrating. Can't anyone help us out?
sherrelward

Post by sherrelward »

I have been ablessed to use less tools on my phone bit now it won't sync and I get the message that it has stopped working. I have unistalled and installed again. Took my phone to verizon store and they said it was a problem with the app. Email deeanneward@yahoo.com thanks
taftm

Post by taftm »

I have the same problem. I haven't been able to sync my LDS Tools for a week or so. I have a Samsung S9 running Android 8.0. I encounter one of two experiences:

Experience #1

During the sync process I encounter the follow message:

LDS Tools has Stopped Working
LDS Tools has Stopped.jpg
LDS Tools has Stopped Working
(487.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Experience #2

During the sync process I encounter the follow message:

LDS Tools Services is Unavailable
LDS Tools Services is Unavailable.jpg
LDS Tools Services is Unavaliable
(99.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Michael Taft
jfcannon

Post by jfcannon »

I'm the ward clerk in the PG 9th Ward and last Sunday when I tried to sync LDS Tools on my Nexus 5X, it wouldn't sync. I tried again yesterday and same result. Just now I tried again and keep getting the message LDS Tools has stopped. So I uninstalled LDS Tools and reinstalled it. Now when I try to sync to get info into the reinstalled version, I get the message "LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." So now I have no access to LDS Tools at all. I hope this problem can be solved soon, hopefully before next Sunday!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jfcannon wrote:I'm the ward clerk in the PG 9th Ward and last Sunday when I tried to sync LDS Tools on my Nexus 5X, it wouldn't sync. I tried again yesterday and same result. Just now I tried again and keep getting the message LDS Tools has stopped. So I uninstalled LDS Tools and reinstalled it. Now when I try to sync to get info into the reinstalled version, I get the message "LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." So now I have no access to LDS Tools at all. I hope this problem can be solved soon, hopefully before next Sunday!
Sync services were down on Sunday. Have you tried since Sunday?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In view of all the commotion, I just tried to sync. My last sync was Feb 3.

I cannot sync. LDS Tools keeps crashing. I tried to send feedback but I am not sure the app worked long enough to get it there.

None of the remedial steps suggested in this and other topics has worked.

New Moto G6 and LDS Tools version 3.5.3 (35339.13)

The app says I just synced, but it did not work.
jfcannon

Post by jfcannon »

scgallafent wrote:
jfcannon wrote:I'm the ward clerk in the PG 9th Ward and last Sunday when I tried to sync LDS Tools on my Nexus 5X, it wouldn't sync. I tried again yesterday and same result. Just now I tried again and keep getting the message LDS Tools has stopped. So I uninstalled LDS Tools and reinstalled it. Now when I try to sync to get info into the reinstalled version, I get the message "LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." So now I have no access to LDS Tools at all. I hope this problem can be solved soon, hopefully before next Sunday!
Yes, as I said in my original post, I tried "yesterday" (that would be Monday) and "just now" (that would be Tuesday, Feb 12). And I just now (9:40 p.m., Tues, Feb 12) tried again and the sync bar gets almost to the end and then I get the "LDS Tools keeps stopping" message. I weep with frustration!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jfcannon wrote:
scgallafent wrote:
Yes, as I said in my original post, I tried "yesterday" (that would be Monday) and "just now" (that would be Tuesday, Feb 12). And I just now (9:40 p.m., Tues, Feb 12) tried again and the sync bar gets almost to the end and then I get the "LDS Tools keeps stopping" message. I weep with frustration!
Missed that.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jfcannon wrote:Yes, as I said in my original post, I tried "yesterday" (that would be Monday) and "just now" (that would be Tuesday, Feb 12). And I just now (9:40 p.m., Tues, Feb 12) tried again and the sync bar gets almost to the end and then I get the "LDS Tools keeps stopping" message. I weep with frustration!
I was able to sync successfully, Tuesday, Feb 12 4:06 PM (Mountain Time). But as I was checking on things I realized that I'm on version 3.6.0 (1000011.4) BETA LG G6 Phone. I wonder if something changed in the sync backend services for the beta and if it is causing issues for the non-beta version. It could also be something specific to one of the units in your stake, but it would have to be somewhat common as there are multiple people having issues.
Last edited by jonesrk on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add phone details

Return to “Android Member Tools App”