Will not sync

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
terylz

Will not sync

Post by terylz »

I have a new kindle fire and have installed ldstools. It asks me to sign in, begins to sync but never finishes. Please advise?
nathancluff_3

Re: Will not sync

Post by nathancluff_3 »

I have had the same problem, and to top it all off, I have also noticed it cannot be installed on the Kindle anymore. That is unfortunate as the Fire tablet makes having a reliable tablet much more affordable.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible the updated version is waiting to get through to approval process for the Kindle store.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathancluff_3

Post by nathancluff_3 »

russellhltn wrote:It's possible the updated version is waiting to get through to approval process for the Kindle store.
That is definitely possible. Though I do wish it would just sync. ☺
nathancluff_3

Post by nathancluff_3 »

Anyone know anything specific as to what really could be going on with Kindles and LDS Tools? Or if there is still going to be an LDS Tools app on the Kindle Fire? I have an HD Fire 7 and my OS is the 5.6.2 which to my knowledge is the latest for it. Any more info would be greatly appreciated! :) :) :)
richsenecal

Post by richsenecal »

I have been a Kindle Fire tablet user for years as it has given me an inexpensive way to comply with the desire expressed by the church that we go electronic with our scriptures, handbooks and other printed material. I have the Kindle tablet to be fully up to the task and have been very pleased with mine.

However, I also now find myself in the same boat as many of you, my LDS Tools app will no longer sync and can no longer be downloaded from the Amazon app store. I need LDS Tools in order to function in my calling and I don't really want to go out and purchase one of those "Fruit" tablets. They are way too expensive for me.

Has anyone tried side-loading the Android version onto their Kindle? The Kindle Fire operating system is basically just Android with a few Amazon customizations. It might work.
eirenna416

Post by eirenna416 »

I uninstalled and reinstalled LDS Tools. This is beyond frustrating as we have gone paperless in our ward. As the most affordable tablet option is it frustrating that the Fire is not being fully supported. So much lets be frugal and financially responsible.
mhrjlet

Post by mhrjlet »

So I love my Dino phone but also need the info from lds tools for my calling.

You can still access the lcr through the browser! It's longer and takes data but it works just fine.

I'm gonna use up, wear out and make do with this phone before buying a new one!
tkel

Post by tkel »

I have the will not sync so I uninstalled and started a reinstall. I find my problem is that the app now will not run on my Samsung Note tablet. I use the tablet just for my Church books, lessons, and references. Now the Church expects me to buy a new tablet. How soon will the Scriptures and Conferences cease to run.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”