Can't see ministering assignments

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
pspencerlds

Re: Ministering assignment report

Post by pspencerlds »

I have the latest version of lds tools but can't seem to see any ministering tab on my Samsung 8 to see my assignment...I'm sure it's user error but can't seem to find it anywhere . when I click on my name under directory I see name household calling contact and membership info...but can find anything about ministering info...I have 3.5 version... thoughts?

I and my husband are having this same issue. Android 6.0.1, Samsung Galaxy S5. How do we resolve this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't see ministering assignments

Post by russellhltn »

Use the in-app feedback to send a report. That sends additional information to help diagnose the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nikkibarton

Post by nikkibarton »

Having the exact same issue
medgerly

Re: Ministering assignments

Post by medgerly »

I used to be able to see the ministering assignments on my lds tools app, however, I recently can't find this section anymore on my android.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ministering assignments

Post by jdlessley »

medgerly wrote:I used to be able to see the ministering assignments on my lds tools app, however, I recently can't find this section anymore on my android.
See this post for possible reasons for android users.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mspart

Post by mspart »

Hi scgallafent,

You seem to be in the know. Why does lds tools no longer sync on my fire tablet?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mspart wrote:Why does lds tools no longer sync on my fire tablet?
Based on other posts in the Forum (see this post and previous posts in that same topic), it appears that LDS Tools on Kindle devices is no longer supported and the software has been removed from the Kindle store.

The Ministering portion of LDS Tools is new software and was written to support the security requirements of Google (and Apple). This has likely contributed to LDS Tools no longer working on Kindle devices.

scgallafent works in the same building as the LDS Tools developers and runs into them from time to time. He has shared many of his insights here at the Forum. If he runs into any more information in what little spare time he has, I am sure he will share. He has been very good about that.
mspart

Post by mspart »

Thank you for your answer lajackson,

I just don't understand why the church is not coming forth with this. Not fair that they know they caused us a problem and not say anything. They could say, sorry, but we just can't do security and have it be on Fire tablets, or they could say, we are working on it and our intent is to make it happen in 3 weeks. Something. As the Elders Quorum President in my ward, I rely on this being on my fire tablet. This is a huge disadvantage for me.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mspart wrote:I just don't understand why the church is not coming forth with this. Not fair that they know they caused us a problem and not say anything. They could say, sorry, but we just can't do security and have it be on Fire tablets, or they could say, we are working on it and our intent is to make it happen in 3 weeks. Something. As the Elders Quorum President in my ward, I rely on this being on my fire tablet. This is a huge disadvantage for me.
From what little I have heard, I'm not optimistic that there will be much progress on the Amazon tablets in the short term.
mspart

Post by mspart »

Thank you scgallafent, I appreciate what you and lajackson have shared.

I'm just left wondering why the church hasn't made this known to any of us. That just blows my mind.

mspart

Return to “Android Member Tools App”