Creating lists

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
mschmauch

Re: Creating lists

Post by mschmauch »

I am using a nexus 6P with android 7.1.2 and my list function seems to be working well except I am wondering if there is a limit to the number of names in a list that can be sent a "group" text in one setting. If there is a limit, what is that number. At one time I was told that it depends on my carrier (which is Verizon) and so I asked them and because I have a plan with unlimited texting, that there is no limit for a group text as far as they are concerned and that if I'm limited, it is the App that doing the limiting—which I assume is LDS Tools unless LDS tools uses my default texting App to actually send my group text.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This message suggests the maximum on Verizon is 20.

I suspect the sales people either didn't know the answer or didn't understand you were asking how many people can you text in a single group message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bakwarte

Post by bakwarte »

Is there a way to share lists with other members or other users?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bakwarte wrote:Is there a way to share lists with other members or other users?
You can share the list of names, but not in any way I know of that someone can import it into LDS Tools.

Call up the list, select the three-dot overflow menu, and select Share. You can email, text, tweet, or share it in about 17 other ways, depending on the apps you have loaded.
jlhainy

Post by jlhainy »

Actually, I would like to see adding a calling instead of a name of a person to a list. Say you made a list for the Teachers quorum presidency, because that could be a list that would change a little more often, it would be nice to place the callings in the list and when the callings changed the list would automatically be updated.
mschmauch

Post by mschmauch »

I love that idea. All the organizations could be made available via a drop-down menu to reduce the chances of mis-typing or mis-naming the group you want.
kengrant

Post by kengrant »

It would be great as , let's say an Elders Quorum President, to creat a list of all elders, then if I am released, I can share that list with the new President so he doesn't have to rebuild the list from scratch.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I do not know a way to do this for custom lists, but for a list of elders, the new elders quorum president can go to Reports > Unit Statistics > Elders and see a list of elders. It gets a little more difficult for prospective elders because that list will show all of them and include the ones that are the responsibility of the high priests group.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:I do not know a way to do this for custom lists, but for a list of elders, the new elders quorum president can go to Reports > Unit Statistics > Elders and see a list of elders. It gets a little more difficult for prospective elders because that list will show all of them and include the ones that are the responsibility of the high priests group.
Elders quorum presidencies can also see the list of all the elders under Organizations > Elders Quorum > Elders Quorum Members.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
peggychristian

Post by peggychristian »

How do I create a list?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”