Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
utswell

Resetting PIN in lds tools?

Post by utswell »

How to reset PIN in LDS tools, Android?
EricHansen

Re: Resetting PIN in lds tools?

Post by EricHansen »

I kept doing guess after guess until it finally asked me if I wanted to sign out and clear all data. That allowed me to start over with just my user name and password and setup a new pin
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

EricHansen wrote:I kept doing guess after guess until it finally asked me if I wanted to sign out and clear all data. That allowed me to start over with just my user name and password and setup a new pin
That's the only way I can find to change it. Give it 4 wrong answers, then start fresh.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckdufresne

Post by ckdufresne »

I tried 4 times with wrong answer and selected reset option. However, all it does is log me out. When I log back in, i still have the same option to enter pin. Any other ideas?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ckdufresne wrote:I tried 4 times with wrong answer and selected reset option. However, all it does is log me out. When I log back in, i still have the same option to enter pin. Any other ideas?
Well, this topic is 4+ years old and many revisions to the Android LDS Tools have come and gone, so I'm not surprised the techniques listed above don't work today.

Have you tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

some callings require you to set a 4 digit pin when you log in
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
ckdufresne

Post by ckdufresne »

I have reinstalled a few times with same results.
niepraschk

Post by niepraschk »

My LDS Tools account is doing the same thing. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, resetting the phone, restarting the phone, everything. Right have I boot the app it asks for the username and password which I enter. Then it asks me for my "Current" passcode. I have tried my old passcode and it doesn't work. There is a reset button on the passcode screen. I hit that which "resets all the data". Then it logs me out. I log back in again and it asks for my passcode again. It is like an eternal loop. There is a bug in this app. Please help, I need it for my calling.
fanoraz

Post by fanoraz »

You might want to clear data of the app. This depends of the version of Android, but on 6.0, you need to go to Settings > Application Manager, tap on LDS Tools, tap on Storage, and finally tap on CLEAR DATA. You should no longer be prompted for a passcode when you start the app.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”