Possible to add ward calendar items from phone?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mattcragun

Possible to add ward calendar items from phone?

Post by mattcragun »

I am just wondering if it is possible to ADD a calendar item from my phone. I know that it is possible to sync my calendar to the ward calendar, but I would like the ability to administer the ward calendar when not at my computer. Is that supported currently--if not, is it planned?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mattcragun wrote:I am just wondering if it is possible to ADD a calendar item from my phone. I know that it is possible to sync my calendar to the ward calendar, but I would like the ability to administer the ward calendar when not at my computer. Is that supported currently--if not, is it planned?
There is no such capability now. The sync is just one direction -- from the lds.org calendar to the mobile device, and not the other way around. You can use a browser on a smart phone to administer the calendar, but the calendar pages are so big that it requires a lot of zooming and scrolling and is quite unwieldy.

It would certainly be handy to have a calendar administration mobile app, but I haven't heard of any plans for that. You could certainly make that suggestion using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

using an iPhone and going to lds.org I can add and edit the calendar from my phone using the internet browser
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Trying to add events through a browser is absolutely brutal. Probably takes me 3-5 minutes for something that takes 30 seconds on a desktop. If you could add calendar events through LDS Tools it would be amazing.
loulou8

Post by loulou8 »

aebrown wrote:There is no such capability now. The sync is just one direction -- from the lds.org calendar to the mobile device, and not the other way around. You can use a browser on a smart phone to administer the calendar, but the calendar pages are so big that it requires a lot of zooming and scrolling and is quite unwieldy.

It would certainly be handy to have a calendar administration mobile app, but I haven't heard of any plans for that. You could certainly make that suggestion using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org.
I would also like to see this feature implemented. Do you have plans to add this feature? Also, were you able to find a workaround so I do not have to add dates through the browser, which is a painful process.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

loulou8 wrote:I would also like to see this feature implemented. Do you have plans to add this feature?
Unless a member of the Calendar development team sees this thread and responds we are in the dark just as much as you.
loulou8 wrote:Also, were you able to find a workaround so I do not have to add dates through the browser, which is a painful process.
For now the only way to create events is through a web browser.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”