LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by russellhltn »

westar wrote:A number of ward members have asked about putting the lesson schedules in LDS tools.
I'm sure the issue is updating the lesson schedule to support LDS Tools. It was a quick conversion to allow shutting down the old system and I don't think it's been updated or revised since.

It's probably up to the Priesthood Department to put it on the priority list such that it will actually rise to the top.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What are your thoughts of why Lesson Schedules should go in LDS Tools, as opposed to Gospel Library?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

westar wrote:I've seen this suggestion in the iOS forum, but would like to make it here too. A number of ward members have asked about putting the lesson schedules in LDS tools. They use the lds.org lesson schedule, but have suggested the convenience of having it on their mobile devices, where a lot of them say they are now studying the materials. I don't know if putting the lesson schedule in LDS tools is possible, but thought I would pass it on here.
Rather than waiting for the feature to be developed, they could use the calendar tool to do this already. They can include rooms or not. The appointment can include a significant amount of text, which can include whatever information about the lesson, the class, the teacher, etc. that they wish to include. It may or may not be as easy as the lesson schedule tool, and it may require duplicate effort, but if they really want it, it can be done.

FWIW,

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmcguire wrote:Rather than waiting for the feature to be developed, they could use the calendar tool to do this already.
However, if they do that, it might be a good idea to make it a separate calendar so members can choose to subscribe to it or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

russellhltn wrote:
lmcguire wrote:Rather than waiting for the feature to be developed, they could use the calendar tool to do this already.
However, if they do that, it might be a good idea to make it a separate calendar so members can choose to subscribe to it or not.
Excellent idea!
garrettwilchek

Post by garrettwilchek »

There are so many threads in here so I apologize if this is a repeat.

Is there a way to view all your Tags like in the Desert App Bookshelf, there you can view your tags Alphabetically or even by number of tags made per topic.

This would be HUGE and helpful to go back as a resource and find things.

Thanks

See attached image from DB Bookshelf
Attachments
IMG_2153.PNG
(167.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

garrettwilchek wrote:Is there a way to view all your Tags like in the Desert App Bookshelf, there you can view your tags Alphabetically or even by number of tags made per topic.
This sounds like a suggestion for the Gospel Library app, not for the LDS Tools app (which is the subject of this discussion).

But in any case, this forum is just a place for users to discuss issues among themselves. If you want your feedback to get to anyone who is a decision maker, then you should use the in-app Feedback option.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, this feature is in the works and is coming with Gospel Library 4.0 (hopefully before the end of the year).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
t0dd

Post by t0dd »

LDS tools should allow transparent background updates via a setting and do diffs instead of full. Literally 8-10 times had incorrect info despite updating more than 1x per month.

Web page directory is more accurate
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

sbradshaw wrote:What are your thoughts of why Lesson Schedules should go in LDS Tools, as opposed to Gospel Library?
The next thing I'd like to see out of LDS Tools is an area of communication or adding the 'newsletter' site to LDS Tools. Something like Cloud-storage. Give the Stake an area and give the Ward an area - Then let them upload docs like 'Temple Recommend Interview schedules' Stake Templates for reimbursement, Stake Conference Program, Ward Mission Plan, Ward Employment information, Ward Sacrament Program, Ward LESSON SCHEDULE, etc...

This is the next most beneficial item for every ward/stake that I can see being developed.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Member Tools”