LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by sbradshaw »

Home and visiting teaching reports will be available to leaders to view in the upcoming version of LDS Tools (Android and iOS).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

HT information is available now the Android version in Beta. There are some bugs still, but in my experience the Beta is usually pretty stable. You can sign up for the Android Beta through the LDSTools Google+ group: Sign up as a "Tester" and the Beta will become available in the Google Play Store as an update (you don't have to actually "test" it if you don't want to). I just was released from my calling that allowed visibility of HT so cannot report on how it works on Android...
jesplin4

Post by jesplin4 »

I would love it if the LDS Tools app showed you your Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching assignment, not just who is assigned to teach you (which you can only view with the correct calling/permissions). This would make it much easier to keep EQ/RS updated about their HT/VT assignments and so that if they lose their slip of paper, they can find their assignment easily. I realize that this has been discussed previously, but now that the Home and Visiting Teaching assignments are in the Leader & Clerk Resources tab on the LDS.org website, we could move assignments to the LDS Tools app as well!

Post by 67736 »

Quick question... as a new bishop where can i update youth interviews once complete so they fall off the report section?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jesplin4 wrote:I would love it if the LDS Tools app showed you your Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching assignment, not just who is assigned to teach you (which you can only view with the correct calling/permissions). This would make it much easier to keep EQ/RS updated about their HT/VT assignments and so that if they lose their slip of paper, they can find their assignment easily. I realize that this has been discussed previously, but now that the Home and Visiting Teaching assignments are in the Leader & Clerk Resources tab on the LDS.org website, we could move assignments to the LDS Tools app as well!
It's coming. The Project started in 2010, yes it has been slow (though it was more on hiatus than being slow) - The project to migrate all MLS functionality to the online tool is focusing on what is available on MLS first, then on additional items. HT access for members and not just leaders is probably pretty close.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
b.c.dayley

Post by b.c.dayley »

I am a RS pres. and I love the app and the extended access that I have because of my calling. I have two requests. First, make it possible for each member to see who their home teachers/visiting teachers are. Second, make it possible to see who they are assigned to Home Teach/Visit Teach. I make changes regularly because of varying circumstances and it would be wonderful for me to have those affected by the changes to have that information quickly. And if you really wanted to make the world a better place.....have a pop up that comes up on the first of each month that says, "Were you visited by the RS in the month of ______? YES/ NO Reporting would be so much quicker too!

Thank you
Coalette Dayley
bcdayley1986@gmail.com
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I personally never want to see a yes/no check the box related to VT/HT - I realize how nice it is, but I think, personally, it misses the reason we report.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

John, did you note that the question wasn't whether you did your HT/VT, but whether you were _visited_? That's an interesting approach.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the checkbox - often, the only thing I have to report is that we visited, and all is still well. Once in a while, I have additional information to pass along (but that's the exception). It's not that I couldn't say more, but there's just no relevant reason to pass on other information. I'm reasonably certain the same is true of those who visit me reporting about me. So when there's nothing more to pass on, the checkbox would be awfully convenient.

On the other hand, the checkbox may devalue the activity in some people's minds, and that would be bad (it's already too devalued).

I sometimes wonder if what we report shouldn't be completely different - instead of a factual statement about who was visited and perhaps how, a more narrative report on how a person is. Of course, if the person to whom you're reporting doesn't know the person being discussed, that's not terribly meaningful either; and if the person being visited is like me, the report would go something along the lines of: "She's still there and mostly boring. She yammered about some computer problem, but I didn't understand a bit of it."

:)

Liz
eth.dodge

Post by eth.dodge »

I've seen many requests for the ability to view home teaching assignments. I would like to add that it would be much more efficient and easier if people could report their home teaching to the EQ via the app. No more calling everyone in the quorum and the presidency can just go online to get their report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eth.dodge wrote:I would like to add that it would be much more efficient and easier if people could report their home teaching to the EQ via the app. No more calling everyone in the quorum and the presidency can just go online to get their report.
We've been told that's not going to happen. I think the theory is that the HT should discuss how the families are doing not just report "done".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”