LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
timlindsey

LDS Tools won't start

Post by timlindsey »

I just got called as the Ward Exec. Sec. So I downloaded LDS Tools for my iPod Touch. It worked great at first. But now, if I run the app for a while, then stop using it for a day or so, then try to start it up again, it won't load. I have to reboot my ipod for it work again. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tim
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

duanegrasse wrote:Thanks for the reply. Do you know why that is? I can't see why a member in another ward wouldn't have my ward's youth included.
These are safety and security issues that have been determined by policy at a far higher level.

Those who need access to this information as a part of their callings can obtain it through more official channels from their priesthood leaders.

Yes, it is a pain sometimes, but I appreciate the very real concern for the safety of our youth and children.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

timlindsey wrote:I downloaded LDS Tools for my iPod Touch. It worked great at first. But now, if I run the app for a while, then stop using it for a day or so, then try to start it up again, it won't load. I have to reboot my ipod for it work again. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Send a bug report to ldstools-iphone@ldschurch.org and let them know. Apparently, I have not noticed the problem because I turn my iTouch off at night.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Thanks for the insight. It seemed inconsistent that the info available online wouldn't be on the mobile app. That was the current (old) luws, though. I didn't realized that the restriction also applies at new.lds.org.
lajackson wrote:These are safety and security issues that have been determined by policy at a far higher level.

Those who need access to this information as a part of their callings can obtain it through more official channels from their priesthood leaders.

Yes, it is a pain sometimes, but I appreciate the very real concern for the safety of our youth and children.
zaneclark

Callings not working on LDS Tools

Post by zaneclark »

The Callings feature on LDS Tools has stopped working on both my iPhone and iPad.....anyone else having this problem?
slottved

LDS Tools for Android

Post by slottved »

aclawson wrote:Is there/will there be a version released for Android devices?
For those interested in the Android version of LDS Tools you should take a look in Market...
mavenmom

iphone LDS Tools account issue

Post by mavenmom »

The LDS Tools app for my iphone has been really helpful. However, I noticed the info was outdated, so I tried updating it today and I keep getting the message: "Account Issue: We apologize that LDS Tools cannot access your account We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution." Just wondering if there's an update on that.:confused:

Thanks

P.S. I wish the children can be hidden while I'm scrolling for names. Seems like it clutters the contact list when there aren't that many people looking for them.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I just tried updating the info in LDS Tools and it worked fine. It seems to me that I've gotten that message before (or similar one) when the server is bogged down or otherwise temporarily unavailable.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mavenmom wrote:P.S. I wish the children can be hidden while I'm scrolling for names. Seems like it clutters the contact list when there aren't that many people looking for them.
The Android version of this app has a Settings menu where you can toggle on and off the display of Spouses and Children in the contact list.
lmitchel

Post by lmitchel »

jbh001 wrote:I just tried updating the info in LDS Tools and it worked fine. It seems to me that I've gotten that message before (or similar one) when the server is bogged down or otherwise temporarily unavailable.

I have only been able to download information twice in the last week. The last time was on the 16th. Both times, I was only able to download once, then I got the same error on subsequent tries.
Laurence Mitchell

Return to “Member Tools”