Send A Message Feature no longer working?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
iamu4ic

Send A Message Feature no longer working?

Post by iamu4ic »

Has everyone been having issues the past few weeks with emails not being received even though it shows it was sent? I am using the "send a message" feature under Leader and Clerk Resources, then Applications, then Send a Message? I am trying to help troubleshoot this issue for a few people who use this feature regularly for their callings. In all cases they have been using mobile devices to send messages. But many, and sometimes all, recipients do not get the message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Send A Message Feature no longer working?

Post by russellhltn »

iamu4ic wrote:In all cases they have been using mobile devices to send messages.
What about the email domain of the sender? Are they the same group of domains like Yahoo?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JeannineW

Post by JeannineW »

I'm struggling, too. I send messages to everyone in the Relief Society. Some people get the message. Some people (me included) don't. Our email addresses have three different domains. I've tried with an attachment and without.

I'm not sure what to do. I used to copy and paste the email addresses and send from gmail, but that function is no longer available.
iamu4ic

Post by iamu4ic »

We have been having better luck with people receiving messages if we use the email option. The text option really is where we started having issues maybe a month or two ago. It seems to be across all service providers, so not just T-Mobile or Verizon or AT&T, and iOS as well as Android. Each time we send these texts, it’s not always the same people who do not receive them.
jsward0120

Post by jsward0120 »

I just noticed that I'm having an issue receiving the emails that I send from the email application in LCR. I'm using Yahoo. Some of the quorum received the email, others aren't. Please advise if something has changed that is preventing this from going out to everyone.

Apparently, it's very slow. I just received the email 30 minutes after sending it.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jsward0120 wrote:I just noticed that I'm having an issue receiving the emails that I send from the email application in LCR. I'm using Yahoo. Some of the quorum received the email, others aren't. Please advise if something has changed that is preventing this from going out to everyone.

Apparently, it's very slow. I just received the email 30 minutes after sending it.
One of our bishopric members had to change away from his SBCGlobal email (that is hosted by Yahoo, I believe) because of this issue. The Send A Message tool spoofs the email address of the sender: it appears to come from the sender but actually comes from a church server. This is also a technique used by spammers and I think Yahoo has an overactive spam filter which blocks emails with spoofed addresses. In our case, the bishopric member substituted a gmail email for his personal email on his church profile and all the problems receiving them went away.
RodandLora

Post by RodandLora »

Is there a fix for this we use this feature to email our Ward bulletin.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

RodandLora wrote:Is there a fix for this we use this feature to email our Ward bulletin.
The only "fix" I know of is for members to use email addresses from providers who do not block the messages from the send-a-message tool.
rbowman838

Post by rbowman838 »

I am really struggling with the text messages to groups like my complete Elders Quorum list. Sometimes after I type the message in the box with the list already in the To Box:,it doesn't send the message. I have a brand new Ipad Pro and it won't work. I am getting in hot water trying to announce assignments etc. and the members not getting the messages. Anyone no the answer or can tell me what I am doing wrong.
TrevanH

Post by TrevanH »

Hopefully you've figured this out already. I fiddled with a couple of months ago and finally found that you have to create a list. From that list, you can select 20 (or fewer) members to send a text to. If you try to send more than 20, it looks like it sent, but it doesn't actually send. I hope that helps.

Return to “Member Tools”