Mismatch between LCR and LDS tools permissions

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
scott_holt88

Mismatch between LCR and LDS tools permissions

Post by scott_holt88 »

Hello,
I have an elderly sister I am trying to help get her LDS tools up and running. She is called as the Relief Society Compassionate Service Coordinator but cannot view ministering assignments on her LDS tools application. I checked a few "standard" things (running a current version - 3.5.3, sync'd, and had her log out and log back in). I had her check on LCR and she can indeed view ministering assignments online. I also confirmed that her MRN is was the same and that she used the same account to login to both the LDS tools and LCR. We are now past my basic troubleshooting and am wondering if anyone has some idea/input as to why LCR and LDS tools would have a mismatch on viewing ministering assignments by someone using the same account. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mismatch between LCR and LDS tools permissions

Post by russellhltn »

Since today is Monday, I have to ask: when was she called? It can take 24 hours for the rights to ripple though the system. Perhaps a tad longer for Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe one can only view their own ministering assignments on LDSTools (going from memory - I don't own a device that can run the current version of LDSTools). To see all the ministering assignments for all the sisters, I believe she must use LCR.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:I believe one can only view their own ministering assignments on LDSTools . . .
To see all the ministering assignments for all the sisters, I believe she must use LCR.
With the right calling and synchronization, I believe she should be able to see them all at LDS Tools. The sync service was down this weekend and I do not know if it came back Sunday evening or today. That may be part of the problem.
scott_holt88

Post by scott_holt88 »

Thanks for all the replies!

Russellhltn: She has been called for quite some time, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Davesudweeks: As lajackson mentioned, depending on your calling you can see other ministering assignments in Tools (I am exec. sec and can see all ministering assignments in Tools)

lajackson: That could definitely be a problem. I will check with her again this Sunday (make sure she syncs again) and see if that helps.

Thanks again!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My wife has been Relief Society Compassionate Service Coordinator for some time, and she says that she could at one time view the ministering assignments, but can no longer. The LCR Access Table says that she should be able to see them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:My wife has been Relief Society Compassionate Service Coordinator for some time, and she says that she could at one time view the ministering assignments, but can no longer. The LCR Access Table says that she should be able to see them.
Is she able to see it on LCR? If it's only missing from Tools, then it's possible that service was too slow during the last sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

A ha! My wife told me that she can see ministering assignments in the Tools app, but not in LCR. So I asked her to show me. Of course, since I was watching, it worked perfectly. She told me that previously, she only saw a message similar to Access Denied.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The "Access Denied" message probably means a problem or slow-down on the server side unrelated to anything your wife can do if she is logging in correctly. I sometimes see it and if I try again a little later it usually goes away. In other words, I believe what she saw was accurate and I believe it was resolved before she was trying to duplicate it for you...

Return to “Member Tools”