LDS Tools sync down 2019-02-10

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
pyz01

Re: LDS Tools sync down 2019-02-10

Post by pyz01 »

As of 2/12/2018 @ 6:16 Las Vegas Time (7:16 Mountain time) -- I have de-installed and re-installed the app on my Android 8.1 (Fusion 5) device and it will not sync. After logging in and the app immediately tries to sync and then gets about 2/3 of the way done in the progress bar and the it just say LDS Tool has STOPPED. It take you back to the login screen and that's it. Why is this occurring ? Can you tell us -- is this just unique to me or is everyone having this issue?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

See my post in the Android topic. LDS Tools Android is consistently crashing early during the sync attempt.
steele7

Post by steele7 »

Not sure if anything was done overnight or what but I tried logging in again this morning and the download worked. I am back into the app.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

I can get into the App on my phone (as long as it is not a first time installation - since - a first time installation attempts to sync). But the issue is syncing. When I try to sync the app crashes. And if you de-install and re- install - the first thing it tries to do is sync and crashes. This issue is still open. Sync is not working for Android devices -- 2/13/2019 - @ 9:08 PST. Thanks.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Not sure if this will help anyone, but a man called me to ask about his wife's Android which would not sync, while his Android did. She is the RS president while he does not have a leadership calling... Looks like at least some of the problem is trying to sync parts of Tools available only to leaders.
jconder

Post by jconder »

LDS Tools will not completely download to my android. It gets to the end of download and stops, a few different messages appear.
As a leader, I wonder if being a leader is the problem with the app, as others in this blog are leaders too. My wife has a similar
phone as mine, no issues with her phone and LDS Tools. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted phone, reset net work settings,
and nothing is helping resolve this issue. Any ideas? :shock:
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Have some of our ward leaders have been in panic because they couldn't get into or sync Tools. I have had to remind them that everything they need is still available through LDS.org. There has been such an uproar in the ward over this that I am once again going to explain the differences in LDS.org and Tools in my newsletter next week.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jconder wrote:Any ideas?
Wait. There is no other choice. The problem rests with the church, not with the user's device.

The church is aware of the situation, and I'm sure they're working on a fix. But we haven't heard when it will be ready. Asking will not make it come faster.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jconder wrote:Any ideas?
Only one. Be as patient as you are able. They know about the problem. Apparently they are having trouble isolating it. It is likely a combination of several different systems that are supposed to be working together but are not cooperating.

They know that leaders are having problems and those without leadership callings do not seem to be having problems. They have my sync error log (and those of anyone else who has managed to send feedback through the app). I can look at my log and theorize what the problem may be, but I can only be patient myself until they solve the problem. And what I theorize may have nothing at all to do with anything.

And that is the beauty of it. I have absolutely nothing to do with solving the problem, and there is nothing more I can do. Except wait.

We get accustomed to and reliant on these wonderful tools, and they are fabulous when they work. I hope they solve this one soon. But I have been around long enough to know that we were able to do our callings without them, albeit much less efficiently nowadays.

So to whoever the wonderful developer is who is having a rotten week, "Wax on. Wax off. Don't forget to breathe. Very important." [Miyagi, in The Karate kid]

(Good advice for the rest of us, as well.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:Wait. There is no other choice.
It appears there is a choice. If you're technically adept, you can install the beta version of LDS Tools.

Details here.

But keep in mind that waiting is also an option. Probably the best option for those who are less confident in dealing with computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”