LDS tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
daultman

LDS tools

Post by daultman »

Would it be difficult? To make the donations section of the website available on the app? Where you don't have to go through the website and if you have a temple recommend an app or section to the tools app where you can buy garments and other stuff from the store without going to the website?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS tools

Post by russellhltn »

The decision makers do not visit this forum. This is primarily user-to-user support.

You can send your suggestions via the feedback within the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:You can send your suggestions via the feedback within the app.
I have LDS Tools 3.5.2 on my Android phone. I have looked through all the menus for a way to submit feedback "within the app". The only thing I can see is Help -> Contact Us, which allows me to send an email to LDSToolsSupport@ldschurch.org using my email app.

I don't consider that method to be sending feedback "within the app" but perhaps that is what you are referring to.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I don't consider that method to be sending feedback "within the app" but perhaps that is what you are referring to.
If you wish, of course, you can just send an email to that address. But if you do it from within the app (yes, you do use your own email), the message will include details of the installation and the problem and will make it much easier for the developers to troubleshoot the problem.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

lajackson wrote:If you wish, of course, you can just send an email to that address. But if you do it from within the app (yes, you do use your own email), the message will include details of the installation and the problem and will make it much easier for the developers to troubleshoot the problem.
No kidding! I looked at the file that the app attached to the email. It included details about my phone's hardware and software. More importantly, it included a coded list of all my ward and stake callings, including my ward and stake unit numbers.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
casper684

Re: LDS tools messages

Post by casper684 »

This is more of an FYI Tools member info does not know the difference between a phone number and
a text number. Consequently, members tell me they used the tools app to send me a message BUT I do not
receive as they are texting my home phone number. Reported via feedback and received this reply:

"This is a feature the developers are working on - the ability to distinguish between a mobile number and a landline. It has proven to be a challenge, but they are pursuing it. At this time there isn't a way to distinguish them. I have forwarded your concerns to them."
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

I also request this feature. I have two phone numbers listed. An "individual" (my cell phone), and a household (landline). As stake executive secretary, I've had many people subsequently tell me they "texted" me, but upon investigation, they used my household.

It doesn't seem that complex an issue. Simply have a checkbox which enables or disables the icon for any of the individual and household phone number fields for sending a text message via the Member Tools app.

Return to “Member Tools”