Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Post by russellhltn »

Currently, the only way for the general membership to see that information is in LDS Tools. If you don't have a device that can run LDS Tools 3.5, then you'll have to ask your EQ or RS for that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craniac

Post by craniac »

I do not own a smart phone. Is there any way to view my ministering assignments on LDS.org, or do I need to buy a smart phone?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craniac wrote:I do not own a smart phone. Is there any way to view my ministering assignments on LDS.org, or do I need to buy a smart phone?
Currently, there is not a way to view ministering assignments at LDS.org unless you hold a leadership calling that gives access to Leader and Clerk Resources.

However, the answer to your second question is also no. You will never need a smart phone to fulfill any Church assignment. If you do not have or want to have a smart phone, simply let your leaders know you do not have one, and that they will be required to communicate any assignments to you by actually speaking with you.

That is how President Nelson says we are supposed to do it, anyway.
mullinm

Post by mullinm »

As elders quorum counselor, how can I report my interviews?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mullinm wrote:As elders quorum counselor, how can I report my interviews?
Log in to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) from lds.org and click on the ministering tab.
Your ward/branch clerk has access to record them for you as well if you need assistance.

If you are unable to log into LCR, your ward/branch clerk should check to make sure your calling is properly recorded as a standard calling.
HallR12

Post by HallR12 »

I am an elders quorum counselor. I am using LDS Tools on my android phone. In the “ministering brothers” section the districts and companionships are correct but the families that they visit are incomplete. LDS.org shows the correct list but LDS tools is missing some families. Updating the app does not solve the problem. How do I fix this? (this does not seem to be a problem on the iphone)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

HallR12 wrote:I am an elders quorum counselor. I am using LDS Tools on my android phone. In the “ministering brothers” section the districts and companionships are correct but the families that they visit are incomplete. LDS.org shows the correct list but LDS tools is missing some families. Updating the app does not solve the problem. How do I fix this? (this does not seem to be a problem on the iphone)
See this post. Make sure you're on at least the same version as mentioned at the end of the thread as it resolved it for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
HallR12

Post by HallR12 »

Do I have to uninstall LDS tool and reinstall it again to get the latest version?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

HallR12 wrote:Do I have to uninstall LDS tool and reinstall it again to get the latest version?
With Android, you usually just have to go into the Play Store, pull up the app and click "update".

I'd think iOS would be similar.

HallR12

Post by HallR12 »

Thanks that worked perfectly.

Return to “Member Tools”