Priest Quorum Asst Advisor can't list Priests?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sammefford

Priest Quorum Asst Advisor can't list Priests?

Post by sammefford »

I'm a Ward Clerk. Our Priest Quorum Assistant Advisor showed me how his iPhone LDS Tools app can't see the list of priests. I checked and he's correctly signed up in Leader and Clerk Resources as Priests Quorum Assistant Adviser. I checked the Access Table in LCR and it doesn't list a feature called "list priests". Is there a way I can give this man access to the list of priests? We have a very large priests quorum and of course it's constantly changing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Priest Quorum Asst Advisor can't list Priests?

Post by russellhltn »

The only way to grant access is to put them in a standard position that grants access (and wait 24 hours).

I'd make sure your Assistant Adviser is correctly recorded as a standard (not custom) position and leave it at that.

Looking over Handbook 2: 8.3.6, I'm not sure as that calling would automatically give responsibility for individuals members to an advisor. As a result, they may not be given privileges beyond that of a normal member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sammefford

Post by sammefford »

He's in as a standard (not custom) leader. What's the best way to request the feature be added to the website or the apps?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sammefford wrote:He's in as a standard (not custom) leader. What's the best way to request the feature be added to the website or the apps?
Use the feedback link in LCR and/or LDSTools. Posts here may or may not get to developers, but feedback will (you likely will not receive a personalized response).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest looking up the responsibilities in Handbook 2. Assuming you're talking about "Assistant Aaronic Priesthood Quorum Advisers" (section 8.3.6), I don't see anything in there that shows they're responsible for individuals. From what I've seen, only leaders who have a responsibility for individual members spelled out in the Handbook get access to their information. I believe this to be a legal/personal privacy issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'd suggest looking up the responsibilities in Handbook 2. Assuming you're talking about "Assistant Aaronic Priesthood Quorum Advisers" (section 8.3.6), I don't see anything in there that shows they're responsible for individuals.
According to the manual they teach classes (which involves interacting directly with the individuals), assist with activities (again directly with the individuals), and generally help the YM Presidency (who definitely have responsibility for the individuals). I don't think there is any question that they should know who are members of the quorum they work with.

The problem may be that the rights are not yet fine grained enough to show information about just the specific quorum rather than all YM which might be inappropriate. Or it may be that LDS Tools rights are tied to LCR rights and for the most part only presidencies have access to LCR at this point.

But rights have expanded in the past and the ability to see who's in their quorum does seem reasonable so sending feedback may help (but these things always take time).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:According to the manual they teach classes (which involves interacting directly with the individuals), assist with activities (again directly with the individuals),
Valid point. But I'm not sure if "interacting" is a sufficient legal standard to overcome a privacy setting.
eblood66 wrote:and generally help the YM Presidency (who definitely have responsibility for the individuals).
I think the problem there is training the presidency to turn on a switch based on assignment rather than "hey, can you get me access". The same goes for the stake HC which may receive specific assignments, but can't access the information they need since the rights are set for the general case.
eblood66 wrote:The problem may be that the rights are not yet fine grained enough to show information about just the specific quorum rather than all YM which might be inappropriate.
True, and change does happen. But it will be a race to see if the rights come before the individual who is asking is released from their calling. :/

Return to “Member Tools”