Out-of-unit members

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
larry19810

Out-of-unit members

Post by larry19810 »

I have a couple in our ward as 'out-of-unit' members. They show correctly on LDS.org in the directory and in lists like class rolls. But they do not show in LDS.tools. Also on their device, they can only see their home ward directory and calendar. Is it possible for them to see our ward where they are 'out-of-unit' members. They don't feel like members when they can't see us and we can't see them. I thought one purpose of the 'out-of-unit' category was to allow a couple to serve elsewhere while maintaining contact at home.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out-of-unit members

Post by russellhltn »

larry19810 wrote:Also on their device, they can only see their home ward directory and calendar.
They may have to be placed in a calling. I'm not sure if a custom position will do.

I'd also check LDS Tools in both Android and iOS just to see if there's a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

I tried placing one of them in a calling (custom for now) and she shows up correctly in that organization in the new position, but still does not show up as a member of the Rel Society on LDS tools even though she does show on lds.org as a member of the Relief Society (with *** indicating out-of-unit).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe they need to be put into a standard calling to show up in the directory, and get access to the directory, in LDS Tools.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

Thanks. I put her in a 'standard' calling (for exploratory purposes.) She showed up in that position in LDStools (as before with the non-standard calling) but when I checked the RS member list, she does not show there . I'll check their perspective next time I meet with them.

Return to “Member Tools”