Changing your mobile phone number when you don't have texting

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
gregranger

Changing your mobile phone number when you don't have texting

Post by gregranger »

To facilitate people in my Canadian Ward calling me I have installed a Canadian land line that is call forwarded to my US cell phone. However when I enter my Canadian land line number I am not able to receive a text as the call forward option does not include texting. Since I am not able to receive a text on that line I can't receive the confirmation code to update my profile. I can't find a number to call direct and have the change made. Suggestions??
eblood66

Re: Changing your mobile phone number when you don't have texting

Post by eblood66 »

The mobile phone number in ldsaccount.lds.org is specifically for two-step authentication and recovering your account so an actual mobile phone number with text capability is needed. However, that number isn't your contact number in the directory. To edit you contact number go to lds.org/directory, click on My Household, then Edit at the top of the right hand side, then the Edit link to the right of your individual phone number. Or find your contact page in LDS Tools and click the pencil icon (on Android--I don't know the specifics on Apple but there should be some edit icon or option) and then edit your phone number. Changing your contact number shouldn't require a confirmation code.

Return to “Member Tools”