Can't load Stake Directory - more than 10 wards!

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
NorskeViking

Can't load Stake Directory - more than 10 wards!

Post by NorskeViking »

I tried to select the Stake Directory so I could have access to Stake organization officers for calendaring issues, but I can't load it because we have more than 10 wards. Only ten selections are allowed and the Stake level is not one of them. When I select the Stake for syncing, it thinks I want to load all 11 wards instead of just the Stake organizational directory. Very frustrating.
So I can load 10 of the 11 wards, but still don't have the Stake officers listed via the Stake Directory because I can't load it. I just need the Stake organizational directory and my own ward but that is impossible now.
LDS tools has essentially become worthless to me.

Can we get this fixed so that we can download just the Stake Organization data when we select the Stake Directory, especially when there are more than 10 wards!

BTW - what are these topic icons about? There is no definition of their meaning available, so how am I supposed to use them?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Can't load Stake Directory - more than 10 wards!

Post by Mikerowaved »

NorskeViking wrote:BTW - what are these topic icons about? There is no definition of their meaning available, so how am I supposed to use them?
They're just fluff from phpBB, which is the platform the forum is run on. If you select one, it will display next to your post. Most people just ignore them.

As for your main question, my stake doesn't have over 10 wards, so I'll have to let someone else tackle that.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If LDS Tools does not work for you, then you should use the Directory on lds.org through a browser.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

For my stake with 13 units, I can scroll on the list to see any on the units and the stake. I'm using the Android version.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

NorskeViking wrote:I tried to select the Stake Directory so I could have access to Stake organization officers for calendaring issues, but I can't load it because we have more than 10 wards.
As jonesrk said, as far as I know Android does not have this problem. I also use an Android device. My stake has more than 10 units and I am able to see them all.

There has been discussion about this with iOS. I am guessing you are using an iOS device. If this is so, then there is still a problem with that version of LDS Tools that has not yet been solved.

I would suggest sending feedback through the app. And if you will please let us know your operating system and/or device type, this discussion can be moved to that specific forum for further discussion and ideas. Many members in our stake use iOS devices and I have not heard the problem mentioned in a while, so there may be a specific device issue or another possible fix.

But this is a user-to-user forum. Many here are more than willing to help, but sending feedback will get the problem to the developers who are in a better position to do something about the situation.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of LDS Tools are you running? The current version for iOS is LDS Tools 3.3.1, and for Android it's 3.3.0 (with 3.4.0 set to be released for both iOS and Android soon).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bonniebhart@yahoo.com

Post by bonniebhart@yahoo.com »

This is also a problem and we are in 2021. I have more than 10 units in my stake and unfortunately, we are YSA and I can't see my ward. I can on my Apple, not not my computer and I need it on my computer.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

bonniebhart@yahoo.com wrote:This is also a problem and we are in 2021. I have more than 10 units in my stake and unfortunately, we are YSA and I can't see my ward. I can on my Apple, not not my computer and I need it on my computer.
I think something else may be going on. We have 10 wards and a branch in my stake. I can see all of them on my Android phone. I can also see all of them on the computer (Chrome browser) using the Ward Directory and Map. Perhaps if you provide more detail as to what you are doing and seeing, someone will be able to provide better suggestions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bonniebhart@yahoo.com wrote:I have more than 10 units in my stake and unfortunately, we are YSA and I can't see my ward. I can on my Apple, not not my computer and I need it on my computer.
When you say "Apple' are you talking iPhone or Mac? When you say "Computer" what are you referring to?

This thread is about a past problem with the Member Tools app for iPhone/Android. I'm suspecting your "computer" is neither.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”