LDS Tools not syncing

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
missmargaret58

Re: LDS Tools not syncing

Post by missmargaret58 »

I have the same issue with my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone 5. Since others have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success I didn't bother, but I did report the problem through the app.
bowshanks

Post by bowshanks »

bowshanks wrote:I'm having the same issue (ipod touch). I sent an email via the "contact us" in the app referencing this thread.
I got a response back. They gave me access to the latest beta version of the app and the issue was resolved there. Once the next public release goes out it should be fixed for everyone. Unfortunately, I don't know when the next public release is.

My guess is that if you need access to the tools before then you could contact them and you would be invited to the beta version.
bowshanks

Post by bowshanks »

Forgot to mention before. My guess is that it is more a server issue because of the heavy load on Sundays and the app doesn't handle the error very well. I initially couldn't login still using the beta, but it told me that the servers were down and to try back later. Tried Monday morning with no issues.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bowshanks wrote:I initially couldn't login still using the beta, but it told me that the servers were down and to try back later.
The app returning that information would save a lot of grief for a lot of folks. If the server self-identifies, there is not need for an uninstall/install.
che_canibal

Post by che_canibal »

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! the problem is not the OS or phones. is that most likely you already have an account with lds tools. try to reset your account using your membership number.
Steps:
-Sign in
-Forgot you username?
-recover using MRN (Membership Record Number)
gerald.eberwein

Post by gerald.eberwein »

On my phone I get the message, "Sign-in failed LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later. This has prevailed for two weeks. This feature is vital to my calling. When can I expect restoration?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gerald.eberwein wrote:This has prevailed for two weeks.
If it had been down for two week, we'd be flooded with messages.

I think it's safe to say that it's something to do with your phone/account/network connection.

You may want to start with contacting the ward clerk to make sure your records are still in the ward and haven't been accidentally sent out. If your records are in limbo, that will cut off access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dfagerburg

Post by dfagerburg »

I am having the same problem of LDS tools being locked up. The circle completes on the download and then it never returns control to me. It was working fine about a month ago. I am using an iPhone 4S with an iOS 9.3.5. I have asked for help on the contact us but nothing. I am thinking the latest update complete with bug fix is what shafted me. How can I get someone to actually pay attention and help me instead of having to post on a forum where we can only commiserate with each other?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dfagerburg wrote:I am using an iPhone 4S with an iOS 9.3.5. . . . we can only commiserate with each other
Sadly, with the latest security requirements, it appears that LDS Tools now requires iOS 10 or better.
dfagerburg

Post by dfagerburg »

So how do we get the attention of anyone at headquarters who might really be bale to solve the problem? There does not seem to be any way to just send a message and get a reply. do they not care?

Return to “Member Tools”