Incomplete directory in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
nancymae

Incomplete directory in LDS Tools

Post by nancymae »

Even with regular syncing, my LDS Tools app for my phone and my ward and stake directory in LDS.org do not include everyone. The person I know of for sure is named ADAMS, so who knows how many others are not showing up? My RS president has that person in her directory, but I do not. Why is this, and how do I correct it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Incomplete directory in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

You did not indicate what your calling is. Some members have their privacy set such that only ward leaders can see them in the directory. I believe Ward Council members, such as the RS President would have access, but not the general membership of the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nancymae wrote:Even with regular syncing, my LDS Tools app for my phone and my ward and stake directory in LDS.org do not include everyone. The person I know of for sure is named ADAMS, so who knows how many others are not showing up? My RS president has that person in her directory, but I do not. Why is this, and how do I correct it?
Households and members can have the privacy setting set to permit only ward leaders to view the household or their individual information. As a member without a leadership calling you will not be able to see any data, to include any or all of a member's data or an entire household, if the privacy setting is "private - leadership only".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
michaelseanray

Post by michaelseanray »

Thanks for the replies. Is there any information about what callings can see people with different options set?

I'm a Ward Aaronic Priesthood advisor and I can see many people in my stake.

My friend is a Stake Family History representative who also works at an area Discovery Center. His list is very limited. He sees the same individuals and households in our ward, but in other wards in the stake he sees very few. The all stake directory is also very limited for him.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

michaelseanray wrote:Thanks for the replies. Is there any information about what callings can see people with different options set?

I'm a Ward Aaronic Priesthood advisor and I can see many people in my stake.
Your calling does not have access to view households or personal information elements with a visibility setting of Private - Leadership Only. You would see information with a visibility setting of Ward or Stake.
michaelseanray wrote:My friend is a Stake Family History representative who also works at an area Discovery Center. His list is very limited. He sees the same individuals and households in our ward, but in other wards in the stake he sees very few. The all stake directory is also very limited for him.
This calling has only access to view households or personal information elements for those in wards other than his own within the stake with a visibility setting of Stake. The more restrictive settings of Private - Leadership Only and Ward will prevent those households or personal information elements from being available. The ability to see households and personal information elements within his own ward is the same as you have in your ward.

For more information on visibility settings see the Help article Editing Your Profile.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”