Address only showing up for certain people

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
heathblue

Address only showing up for certain people

Post by heathblue »

I have had several people complain that my address isn't showing up in lds tools. At first I just thought they were not looking in the right place or didn't know how to use the app. But I had someone show me on their app what it looks like. My email address and phone number show up but not my physical address. I went right to my ward clerk because I thought maybe it was a phone maker issue. In and around the office there were 6 people there who all looked up my information. 2 Iphones showed my address while 1 didn't and 1 Samsung showed my address while 2 didn't (1 husbands phone showed my address while the wife's phone didn't- same brand of phone!!). Any other ideas what quirky thing is happening? Why would it show up on some and not on others and how would I fix it? My privacy settings are for stake visibility.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Address only showing up for certain people

Post by russellhltn »

Privacy settings can be set on a "per line" basis. Make sure your address is set for stake visibility. I'll bet it's set for "leaders only". The people who could see it were members of the bishopric or maybe the ward council.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”