LDS Tools Missing from Windows 10 Store

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
forbushd

Re: LDS Tools Missing from Windows 10 Store

Post by forbushd »

First, I want to share my deep gratitude for the service and funds sacrificed for the Windows app, which would not even otherwise exist. Now, another option for the Church to consider is developing a PWA, or Progressive Web App,. This can be platform agnostic, meaning development funding and efforts could be unified into a single app. Naturally, this would mean transitioning and abandoning some of the older code bases, but the benefits would be enormous: one app to rule them all for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS, and even more obscure platforms.
kimballclark

Post by kimballclark »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Are you able to click a direct link?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... zdncrfj2k4
That seems to work. I wonder why it's not turning up in a search?
The question is about LDS TOOLS but the link you give is for Gospel Library.
abeljr

Post by abeljr »

Please bring back LDS Tools for Windows 10 Phone.
kurtjohnson

Post by kurtjohnson »

why no ldstools for windows10? thats like no BOM in english.....
jwmarrott

Post by jwmarrott »

Please reconsider! LDS tools is valuable and there is an influx of windows 10 tablets again
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jwmarrott wrote:Please reconsider! LDS tools is valuable and there is an influx of windows 10 tablets again
There's no decision makers who visit the forum.

According to these stats, the Win10 market appears very weak. I'm sure the church is watching the usage pattern of Win10 GL and will reconsider if that shows a significant, sustained rise.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnrskeen

Post by johnrskeen »

UGH! Time for me to adapt and move on... my current resentment about this app disappearing seems counter-productive... off to find a solution that will allow me to be efficient in my current calling... wish me luck!
meridyforgot

Post by meridyforgot »

It's not the Church's fault that windows phones are dying. There are actually only a precious few of us who actually use Windows phones at all, let alone Windows 10. It's not as if there aren't many budget android options available.......looks like I might have to make a switch even though I like the Windows OS so much. Thanks to all who have developed church apps for Windows!
forbushd

Post by forbushd »

meridyforgot wrote:It's not the Church's fault that windows phones are dying. There are actually only a precious few of us who actually use Windows phones at all, let alone Windows 10. [emphasis added]
Actually, I think it would be a good idea to bring back LDS Tools for Windows 10. We are now at well over 1 billion Windows 10 devices, hardly a "precious few." As I had mentioned some years back, a cross-platform PWA would be a worthwhile venture since it would be work invested into all platforms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forbushd wrote:We are now at well over 1 billion Windows 10 devices, hardly a "precious few."
How many mobile devices? Tools was aimed at cell phones and tablets, not desktops and laptops.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”