Senior Missionaries access

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dufekmc

Re: Senior Missionaries access

Post by dufekmc »

russellhltn wrote:The only thing the ward or stake can do is add a out-of-member record and give him a calling.
Thank you russellhltn! Can you please clarify how to add such a record, and if a Stake can do this or if it is only available at the Ward level. When updating callings, is it as simple as entering the non-resident member's MRN?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dufekmc wrote:Can you please clarify how to add such a record, and if a Stake can do this or if it is only available at the Ward level. When updating callings, is it as simple as entering the non-resident member's MRN?
I *think* by using the MRN, you can do both in one move, but I'll defer to someone who's done it.

Generally, only stakes can enter a stake calling and only wards can enter a ward calling. So it will depend on what calling is extended.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I *think* by using the MRN, you can do both in one move, but I'll defer to someone who's done it.
I haven't actually done it but I do have LCR access at the ward level. I believe you have to first add the person as an out-of-unit member (using Membership > Manage Out-of-Unit Member from the LCR menu). You can look them up by MRN or full name and birth date. Once they are an out of unit member you can add them to a calling by MRN or name. Just having an out-of-unit record may provide some access. Other things might require a standard calling. I don't know what systems belong in each category.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I thought I remember some discussion in that you could enter a MRN for the "name" when recording a calling and that would auto-magically do both steps for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If that is true, it would be similar to entering a Fast Offering donation from a missionary serving in my ward. MLS doesn't really care about the name of the missionary. When it sees an out-of-unit donor with an MRN, the finance back end looks up the MRN and updates the donor record with the full name of the missionary. It would be great if we could enter the MRN of senior missionaries serving in ward callings into LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible that what I was remembering was the process for adding a YSA bishop to his new calling.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

On the stake level, you can automagically add an out-of-unit leader to their calling by pasting their membership record number instead of typing their name, when you're recording the calling under Callings by Organization. On the ward level, though, I think you have to create an out-of-unit membership record first.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JoAnneCook

Post by JoAnneCook »

Is there a limit to the number of units that can be viewed in LDS tools? We have a senior CES missionary couple that works in three different Stakes. They only seem to be able to access information for two stakes in spite of the fact that the stake clerks have all entered them into LCR the same way. Is there a way for them to be able to see directory information for all three stakes?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In the past it has been noted that LDS Tools seems only to display up to 10 units. Perhaps that is the limitation they are seeing? I do not know if it has been corrected.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I was deployed for some months last year and served as clerk for the Doha 3rd Branch. Our entire branch (except for the BP and EQP) were out of unit members as they were only there temporarily.
1. In LCR, select "Membership" and then "Manage Out-of-unit Members"
2. You can request by MRN or by name and birth date, just like regular records. The member's official record stays in their home ward and a copy is created in the new unit. Once in the local unit, they can be given callings and have respective system rights just like a regular membership record.

I did this at the branch level - don't know if it works the same at the stake level.

Return to “Member Tools”