Out of unit members not visible in LDSTools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Out of unit members not visible in LDSTools

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
studerje wrote:Recently all of our Out of Unit member records stopped showing up when searching the YSA Ward directory in LDS Tools. If you go directly to their calling, they are listed.
The membership record for anything other than members was never transmitted from MLS - only the callings of out-of-unit leaders. So I'm not sure as they ever showed in the directory.

With LCR, at least that record is on-line, but I'm not sure how they show in the directory.
In Android LDS Tools the out-of-unit leaders show in both the organization listing and in the directory. They never showed up in the LDS.org Directory for the listing of members. But the LDS.org Directory did show them in the organizations listing. I am still seeing this same behavior after the LCR 3.0 release.

Make sure a sync is done after the leaders are added back in through LCR. I did lose the LDS Tools directory listing for out-of-unit leaders after the first sync following the LCR 3.0 release but they came back after they were added back in and another sync done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
studerje wrote:Recently all of our Out of Unit member records stopped showing up when searching the YSA Ward directory in LDS Tools. If you go directly to their calling, they are listed.
The membership record for anything other than members was never transmitted from MLS - only the callings of out-of-unit leaders. So I'm not sure as they ever showed in the directory.

With LCR, at least that record is on-line, but I'm not sure how they show in the directory.
In Android LDS Tools the out-of-unit leaders show in both the organization listing and in the directory. They never showed up in the LDS.org Directory for the listing of members. But the LDS.org Directory did show them in the organizations listing. I am still seeing this same behavior after the LCR 3.0 release.

Make sure a sync is done after the leaders are added back in through LCR. I did lose the LDS Tools directory listing for out-of-unit leaders after the first sync following the LCR 3.0 release but they came back after they were added back in and another sync done.
Also note that there is a difference between a 'out of unit leader' and a 'out of unit member'. a 'out of unit member' is a new (at least for LCR) feature that allows a member to be included on many of the lists for a ward even when their records are not in the ward. An 'out of unit leader' is a calling in a different unit from the unit where your membership records are. In LCR now you have to create a 'out of unit member' record to be able to add them to a calling.

LDS tools currently doesn't know about the 'out of unit member' records, but they do get enough info with the 'out of unit leader' records to show that person in the directory lists.
matthewwest

Post by matthewwest »

It looks like there has been a change and out of unit members can now be added in LCR to a household. This is great! However, those children added to the household as out of unit members still don't show up in LDSTools. One step forward and one more to go.
samywan

Post by samywan »

I'm a district clerk and we recently had a senior couple moved into one of our branches. Although out-of-unit membership records has been created for them and their names are showing up in the LCR, their names cannot be found under the MLS or the LDS tools app. i have tried syncing a few times on my iPhone and done the send and receive in the MLS to no avail. Can somebody please tell me whats going on? Just for your information they haven't been given an official calling in our district yet.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We also have a missionary couple in our ward. They arrived about a year ago. Out-of-Unit membership records were created for them. Again no calling given. Also they appear in LCR, but don't appear listed in the LDS Tools or the online Directory. However they are listed under Missionary in both applications.

I would surmise that this is the intended way of operation.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Out of unit member records will not appear in the LDS.org Directory and the LDS Tools directory. Out of unit member records only allows those records to be available for selection to a calling position. This is why they appear in the Membership list in LCR. Without the out of unit member record out of unit members would not be able to be placed in an out of unit calling. The LDS.org Directory and LDS Tools directory currently only show those members with their records in the unit.

In the strict definition of a unit member out of unit leaders are not really members of the unit in which they serve. They are members of the unit in which their records are maintained.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”