LDS Tools no longer updating or available on Kindle

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
gloriajf1952

Re: LDS Tools no longer updating or available on Kindle

Postby gloriajf1952 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 pm

I am sorry I purchased my new tablet 8. I purchased this strictly for my LDS Gospel Library and all other learning tools. I have recently become a member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", 2 weeks ago. Had I known certain Apps are in issue with your product I would have made a different choice.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:43 am

gloriajf1952 wrote:I am sorry I purchased my new tablet 8. I purchased this strictly for my LDS Gospel Library and all other learning tools. I have recently become a member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", 2 weeks ago. Had I known certain Apps are in issue with your product I would have made a different choice.

I believe Gospel Library still works on the Kindle (I don't own a Kindle so am just going on memory from other posts). This thread is about LDSTools which is not used for gospel study. LDSTools is the app that lists the members of your ward, your ministering assignments, who the ward leaders are, etc.

Newer Kindles run an Android OS version that "should" meet the minimum LDSTools requirement for OS version, but the Kindle OS is highly customized and there may be something that makes it difficult for the church to support it on LDSTools with the very small development team they have (I don't think anyone on this user-to-user help forum knows for sure, based on reading most of the posts on this subject).

RBiddle

Postby RBiddle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

I am able to get LDS tools on my phone (Samsung)

Return to “LDS Tools”