Problems loging into LDS Tools

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problems loging into LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:29 am

RhondaEastin wrote:I do have a '#' character in my password, could that be causing a problem?

Could be. I'd suggest changing your password to be strictly alphanumeric. Perhaps replace the # with a z or something. You may have to wait 10 minutes or so before it works everywhere. If that fixes it, then I'd suggest reporting it to the developers via the in-app feedback.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

RhondaEastin

Postby RhondaEastin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:00 pm

I changed my password, but it still won't work.

ulupoi

Postby ulupoi » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:26 am

Recently helped someone solve a similar problem. After several hours of struggle, the solution turned out to be:

1. Delete LDS Tools.
2. Restart the iPad.
3. Sign out of iCloud. (For instructions on how to do that, see: http://www.imore.com/how-sign-out-your- ... e-and-ipad)
4. Look up "LDS Tools" in the App Store and install again.
5. Sign in using your LDS Account information.
6. Sign into iCloud, again.

Step 3 is the key. If you don't sign out of iCloud, every time you reinstall, it will reinstall the corrupted version of the app from your iCloud account. Signing out of iCloud forces your phone to get a fresh copy of the app.

ulupoi

Postby ulupoi » Thu May 17, 2018 4:27 am

Be aware that signing out of iCloud means that "Your iCloud Photo Library and any documents and data stored in iCloud Drive will be removed from" your iPhone or iPad. That can be a real pain in the neck. Make sure you have a full backup before doing this, just in case all of that stuff isn't restored to your device when you sign in again.

ulupoi wrote:Recently helped someone solve a similar problem. After several hours of struggle, the solution turned out to be:

1. Delete LDS Tools.
2. Restart the iPad.
3. Sign out of iCloud. (For instructions on how to do that, see: http://www.imore.com/how-sign-out-your- ... e-and-ipad)
4. Look up "LDS Tools" in the App Store and install again.
5. Sign in using your LDS Account information.
6. Sign into iCloud, again.

Step 3 is the key. If you don't sign out of iCloud, every time you reinstall, it will reinstall the corrupted version of the app from your iCloud account. Signing out of iCloud forces your phone to get a fresh copy of the app.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 am

Signing out of iCloud will remove more than cached app data, and it may be a pain to get everything in sync again. There's an easier way to remove app data for an individual app from iCloud, in iCloud settings. I haven't seen this particular LDS Tools problem myself, but I'm guessing removing the app data would have the same effect on LDS Tools as signing out. Here are instructions for iOS 11:

1. Open iOS Settings.
  2. Tap on your name at the top ("Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store").
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Tap Backups.
  6. Tap your phone's name (or whichever device is having problems).
  7. Toggle off data backups for LDS Tools.
  8. Tap "Turn Off & Delete" when prompted.

After that, you can reinstall LDS Tools fresh from the App Store.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

ulupoi

Postby ulupoi » Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 am

Good idea. One would definitely want to try that first.

sbradshaw wrote:Signing out of iCloud will remove more than cached app data, and it may be a pain to get everything in sync again. There's an easier way to remove app data for an individual app from iCloud, in iCloud settings. I haven't seen this particular LDS Tools problem myself, but I'm guessing removing the app data would have the same effect on LDS Tools as signing out. Here are instructions for iOS 11:

1. Open iOS Settings.
  2. Tap on your name at the top ("Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store").
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Tap Backups.
  6. Tap your phone's name (or whichever device is having problems).
  7. Toggle off data backups for LDS Tools.
  8. Tap "Turn Off & Delete" when prompted.

After that, you can reinstall LDS Tools fresh from the App Store.

Return to “LDS Tools”