Updating Bishop's Phone Number on maps.lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jordanchristensen

Updating Bishop's Phone Number on maps.lds.org

Post by jordanchristensen »

I'm trying to help my Bishop update his work phone number as listed on his contact information displayed on the map, when you search for our ward. Sample here.

I found this reference: "If the bishop or branch president's name is not correct, local leaders must change this information in the Member and Leader Services (MLS) software." (Source)

I've searched high and low and can't find the place in MLS to update the phone number. I have admin rights in MLS. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As you've noticed, there's no place to record work numbers in MLS. Your Bishop should be able to change it himself on CDOL. But only his login will work. The alternative is to have the stake file a Unit Change Request
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jordanchristensen

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll connect with him and try the CDOL login.
jordanchristensen

Russell, the incorrect phone number was not listed on the CDOL. Anyplace else we should check to get it updated?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I compared the numbers for your unit in the CDOL with what is provided on the LDS Maps and they are the same.

There are two telephone numbers provided on LDS Maps for the bishop. The first is the bishops office telephone number at the meetinghouse. The second is his home phone number as listed in the CDOL. The bishops office number is changed through the FM database (FMAT). The second, his home phone number can be changed by the bishop in the CDOL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jordanchristensen

It was the first one that I thought was incorrect... I never thought to check it against his office line. He hardly uses that phone. Thanks for catching that.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”