how do I find where my stake building is located?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
fortheloveoftheatre

how do I find where my stake building is located?

Post by fortheloveoftheatre »

I just moved to a new ward and I have no idea where my stake building is located and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to look up where my stake building is located. I tried typing in the name of my stake and it came up with nothing. It wouldn't let me search by stake... so what gives?
Live like it's heaven on earth.

eblood66

Re: how do I find where my stake building is located?

Post by eblood66 »

I think that if you log into lds.org, select My Account and Ward > My Ward Map (to show the map of your ward) , click on the arrow to the right of the ward name on the left side and select Entire Stake, it should show the boundaries of the entire stake with each of the meetinghouses marked. The stake center should be red (with a white house shape) and the other meetinghouses should be white (with a red house shape).

At least that looks like it works for my stake.
CourtneyBrunson

Post by CourtneyBrunson »

Thank you so much. I wish they would put an "info" portion on the app in your ward that tells you where you're stake building is.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

CourtneyBrunson wrote:Thank you so much. I wish they would put an "info" portion on the app in your ward that tells you where you're stake building is.
This would be a good suggestion to send using either the Feedback form at the bottom of LDS.org, or in LDS Tools > Help > Contact Us.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kmbula

Post by kmbula »

I used the maps on LDS.ORG and although it initially only gave me the ward boundaries, it eventually gave me the stake boundaries as well; Perhaps it just talkes time to load up; if not classic maps will also tell you .. https://classic.lds.org/maps
LSIEXEC

Post by LSIEXEC »

How can I find the ward and stake for 5842 S 1150 W ; OGDEN,Utah 84405 as well as the bishop and stake president information?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Use the Find a Meetinghouse link at LDS.org (just below the first set of pictures in the Quick Links section. Enter the address and you will be given the name of the ward. Click on the name of the ward and you will find the name of the bishop and his phone number, along with the Sunday meeting schedule.

You probably will have to contact the ward to find the name of the stake president.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson had good advice. If you have a more urgent need, a bishopric member or clerk can lookup some stake information for you quickly in CDOL. Most likely, your bishop would need to determine if it's appropriate to share that information with you or if he would initiate the contact on your behalf.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”