Move/Edit Links Don't Appear

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ggconrad

Post by ggconrad »

jdlessley wrote:If clicking the household name in the directory listing on the Maps application page does nothing and clicking the location marker on the map does nothing then there is a problem. What exactly, I am not sure.

This is exactly the problem that I'm struggling with the most.

In the pop-up, the Directions link works, as does the Directory link. But the Status button doesn't. It produces a text insertion cursor when over the Status button.

And in the directory pane, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it sitting to the right of their household name.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It took me a while to figure out that you are referring to the Status button on the household location information callout (popup). I had previously assumed there was no callout displayed and you were referring to the household location marker.
ggconrad wrote:In the pop-up, the Directions link works, as does the Directory link. But the Status button doesn't. It produces a text insertion cursor when over the Status button.
The mouse pointer changes to the I-beam when over the Status button because the status of the household is what is selected and displayed (default when a callout is first displayed) in the gray area below the Status and Category buttons. If you click the Category button the display in the gray area below the buttons will show any emergency response information, if any has been entered by an administrator. If no information has been entered then the area will be blank. When viewing the Category information clicking the Status button will change the display in the gray area back to the status information for the household.

So the behavior you are experiencing is as programmed.
ggconrad wrote:And in the directory pane, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it sitting to the right of their household name.
The status icon in the directory pane is a visual representation of the text information you see in the household location callout box when the Status button is clicked. The yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the directory pane will also be displayed in the callout box with the text "Location not verified locally".

For those households with no icon in the directory pane you will only see the visibility information in the gray area when the status is displayed. The assumption here is that a verified location needs no explanation. I personally would like to see the text "Location verified locally".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ggconrad

Post by ggconrad »

jdlessley wrote:The mouse pointer changes to the I-beam when over the Status button because the status of the household is what is selected and displayed (default when a callout is first displayed) in the gray area below the Status and Category buttons. If you click the Category button the display in the gray area below the buttons will show any emergency response information, if any has been entered by an administrator. If no information has been entered then the area will be blank. When viewing the Category information clicking the Status button will change the display in the gray area back to the status information for the household.

There is no Category button. I must not be doing a very good job at describing what I'm looking at, so I attached a screen snapshot picture of what I'm seeing to this message. (I smudged out all personal information: their names, address, phone number, and e-mail, as well as all names in the left directory pane. I left everything else the same.)
Attachments
LDS Maps Screenshot - Brother's Callout Box (19 September 2012).jpg
(104.19 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I had to log on using my wife's account to see how things should be displayed for someone who does not have administrator rights. What I am seeing is that if there is no emergency response information for the household then the Category button will not be displayed. I also noted that if a household has been verified (by an administrator) then there will not be a Status button either.

Only those households that have a status other than verified will display the Status button with appropriate status information displayed in the gray information area .

Without any emergency response information for the household the Category button is not available and the Status button has no function. The Status button is only functioning as a title for the information displayed in the gray information area.

If a household has emergency response information and has been verified then only the Category button will be displayed. For this situation the Status button will not be displayed and the Category button will not be functional.

It appears the household information callout is functioning as it should for the situations you described for your parents and for your brother. Your calling as website administrator does not give you move or edit rights for moving households. As such you will not see a Status button when the household location has been verified and you will not see a Category button if there is no emergency response information for the household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”