New CDOL problem loading with Safari

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

macsense wrote:Any timeline on when that release will be available? I use Safari almost exclusively and need to be in CDOL quite frequently. It's just an inconvenience to have to launch FireFox for CDOL. But I'll try and be patient.

Thanks.
We have started hardening our build to release that has this fix in it. We are targeting this month, but that can change depending on any bugs that are found.

Hopefully you don't have to be patient too much longer.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The fix for this has now been released. For more details of this release see the release notes.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

Thank you for this Safari fix.

I also noticed another problem (although fairly insignificant) on the CDOL login page. After entering credentials, the page will not accept an "enter" or "return" key click to signify the I Agree, Sign In button. It requires an actual mouse click on the button. Is that on purpose?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mls.lds.org site is the same way. I think I've seen that on other church sites as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

macsense wrote:Thank you for this Safari fix.

I also noticed another problem (although fairly insignificant) on the CDOL login page. After entering credentials, the page will not accept an "enter" or "return" key click to signify the I Agree, Sign In button. It requires an actual mouse click on the button. Is that on purpose?
Yes that was the way we were asked to make it work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I believe the reason behind forcing a deliberate click is that signifies agreement to the conditions of use. Whereas just being able to hit enter isn't the same. There have been some discussions around better ways to signify agreement to the terms of the site without having the annoyance of having to click on the button.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:I believe the reason behind forcing a deliberate click is that signifies agreement to the conditions of use. Whereas just being able to hit enter isn't the same. There have been some discussions around better ways to signify agreement to the terms of the site without having the annoyance of having to click on the button.
On most (but not all) sites that require this you can tab and then enter if you do not want to hunt for the mouse.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:On most (but not all) sites that require this you can tab and then enter if you do not want to hunt for the mouse.
That works for CDOL in IE and Firefox, but Safari and Chrome right now tab somewhere else after the password. I will have to look at the at the tab order.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:That works for CDOL in IE and Firefox, but Safari and Chrome right now tab somewhere else after the password. I will have to look at the at the tab order.
I misspoke. Tabbing works fine. The problem is if you just press enter while in the password field, it basically clears the password and unfocuses the form.

This has been fixed in the current development version (2.4.1).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”