Bug with MIssionary Progress Report - Sacrament Attendance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
hedeliusk

Bug with MIssionary Progress Report - Sacrament Attendance

Post by hedeliusk »

It appears that Sacrament Meeting attendance, as recorded by the missionaries in AreaBook, is not properly appearing in the Missionary Progress Report. The missionaries reported recording the attendance quite some time ago, and they showed me their view in the app. For reference, I am in unit 78298, and the Person ID we specifically looked at is 18438235
hedeliusk

Re: Bug with MIssionary Progress Report - Sacrament Attendance

Post by hedeliusk »

The Attended Sacrament column is consistently off by two days. The missionaries' app show it was recorded correctly. I'm totally conjecturing here, because I'm not a developer for the church, but could the issue be with the JDBC driver? Apparently there was an issue in the third version from Microsoft. Getting an updated version might fix the problem. There is some discussion about it here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/112 ... o-days-off
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

I further compared with the missionaries and the last visited date is correct, so maybe it isn't the JDBC driver. It seems quite odd that the Attended Sacrament date is consistently a Tuesday for all 18 individuals (with a date recorded) in my ward's progress report.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

hedeliusk wrote:I further compared with the missionaries and the last visited date is correct, so maybe it isn't the JDBC driver. It seems quite odd that the Attended Sacrament date is consistently a Tuesday for all 18 individuals (with a date recorded) in my ward's progress report.
I don't know a lot about the Area Book app, but I wonder if the missionaries are recording sacrament meeting attendance on Tuesday, during a weekly planning, and for some reason it shows the date attendance was recorded instead of the date of attendance?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

In the AreaBook app, the missionaries don't have the ability to pick the date the person attended Sacrament. They are simply presented with a list of Sundays and a checkbox next to each one.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

It's not just the Missionary Progress Report that is impacted by this. It has cascading effects in the Teaching Reports- no Sacrament Attendance is display in the last six weeks. I confirmed with a stake leader that it is impacting all units in our stake.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I saw this some time ago and asked our missionaries about the information they record in the Area Book app. I got the deer-in-headlights look and they said they didn't know what I was talking about...

That answered MY question as to why investigators and recent converts whom I saw at church were showing no attendance. They are recording lessons taught, so they are using it but as ward clerk I don't have access (that I'm aware of) to see what the Area Book app is or why that part is not being used.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

If you look here: https://missionary.lds.org/ward-mission ... index.html does it show up correctly for you?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

hedeliusk wrote:If you look here: https://missionary.lds.org/ward-mission ... index.html does it show up correctly for you?
It shows one investigator with sacrament meeting attendance. We have a new member serving in the YM organization and he has faithfully attended but shows no sacrament meeting attendance in the area book.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

I think the missionaries tend to record investigators but not members. I bet if you look at that investigator's teaching report by clicking "View Progress" on the Missionary Progress Report, you won't see the same Sacrament Meeting attendance you saw in the link I posted.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”