Messages not getting delivered

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
toonetown

Messages not getting delivered

Post by toonetown »

There is a member of my Quorum that does not receive any emails sent through the LCR send a message functionality. I have verified with him that messages are not getting delivered (even in spam folders).

The email address he has listed in LDS tools is correct...is that the same address used to deliver messages from the LCR send a message? I can send an email just fine to the address in LDS tools using my standard mail client (and it gets delivered).

What would be the next steps to debug why these messages are not getting delivered?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Messages not getting delivered

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible that in some situations, the send a message function is using the "household" email instead of the "individual" email. I'd check that email address for accuracy as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
toonetown

Post by toonetown »

How can you see what address gets delivered to in LCR? It only ever shows me his name...but not his address.

And, if it is different, where does he go about changing it to be the correct one?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

toonetown wrote:where does he go about changing it to be the correct one?
He can go into the directory on-line or LDS Tools to see what his "household" and "individual" email addresses are set to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

toonetown wrote:How can you see what address gets delivered to in LCR? It only ever shows me his name...but not his address.
When you are in the send a message application and selecting recipients for the message, there is an envelope icon in the right column that shows members who have an email address. If you hover over that icon, a popup will show the email address for the member. Clicking on the icon should start an email message to that member using your default mail client.
toonetown

Post by toonetown »

This appears to be related to DMARC email headers being added by the church on their outgoing email. The email address being delivered to is a gmail address, and that gmail account has forwarding set up to redirect all mail to an iCloud.com address. Whenever a message comes in from "noreply@ldschurch.org", a delivery notification is given:
550 5.7.1 Your message was rejected due to ldschurch.org's DMARC policy. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137 for info

All other email messages (that I've seen on the account, at least) *besides* @ldschurch.org are being correctly forwarded (even emails identified by gmail as "spam" get forwarded correctly). Emails from @ldschurch.org can also be forwarded from a gmail account to another gmail account (the issue only appears to happen when forwarding from gmail -> iCloud).

In reading through documentation on DMARC headers, I'm wondering if a `p=quarantine` policy might be better than a `p=reject` policy.

I have a reproducible environment, if there is additional information that is needed. I'd prefer not to post all my email messages and headers here, however :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”