Printing Melchizedek Priesthood Certificates

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
akrusinger

Re: Printing Melchizedek Priesthood Certificates

Post by akrusinger »

Solution, using Scanner/Printer:
Print Certificate from lds.org, with small image, on proper paper, as normally done. Place in Scanner. Preview. Marquee. Draw rectangle over image, leaving a little margin outside curlicues. Scan the small certificate as a PDF .
In Acrobat, Edit. Take a Snapshot. Draw a rectangle to select image to print. File. Print to fit.
This prints a full size certificate.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

akrusinger wrote:In Acrobat, Edit. Take a Snapshot. Draw a rectangle to select image to print. File. Print to fit.
This prints a full size certificate.
Actually, the certificates start out as PDFs so there is no need to print and scan. Just save the original certificate and then open in Acrobat, take a snapshot and print to fit.
FiferED

Post by FiferED »

lajackson wrote:
craley wrote:Any word on a fix for this?
Those who will be able to fix it are aware of the problem. I suspect it will pop right near the top of their list of things to do when they show up to work on Monday morning.
Either this did not pop right to the top of Monday morning's to-do list, or the fix is much more complicated than it would seem. Two work days later and the problem remains. I'm hoping for a fix soon; we have several newly ordained deacons and teachers I would like to prepare certificates for. (And no, I don't want to individually edit each defective pdf file to fit the paper.)
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

FiferED wrote:Either this did not pop right to the top of Monday morning's to-do list, or the fix is much more complicated than it would seem. Two work days later and the problem remains. I'm hoping for a fix soon; we have several newly ordained deacons and teachers I would like to prepare certificates for. (And no, I don't want to individually edit each defective pdf file to fit the paper.)
It was on the to-do list Monday morning. When I traded emails with the QA engineer over the weekend, he said it had already been logged. I've been out on sick leave, so I haven't talked to that team this week.

The guy that will fix it isn't a slouch. I suggest you give him a chance to finish and validate the fix and get it through the process. I suspect they will get that fix made, collect any other changes that need to go out, and release it somewhere between "soon" and "real soon now."
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

scgallafent wrote:The guy that will fix it isn't a slouch. I suggest you give him a chance to finish and validate the fix and get it through the process. I suspect they will get that fix made, collect any other changes that need to go out, and release it somewhere between "soon" and "real soon now."
Please pass along my personal appreciation to everyone for all the hard work the team does behind the scenes. Us mere mortals don't understand your constraints and that can lead us to be a bit impatient at times. We REALLY DO appreciate all you do! I don't work in software but have been a quality engineer for almost all my career and understand how challenging trying to get root cause and permanent corrective action can be.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I also work in the software industry. Although we consider our process to be "agile" our bureaucratic process does not allow such a quick turnaround, even for one-line code changes. Congratulations and thanks to all Church developers and their task masters.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

In case anyone on this thread is not already aware, the problem appears to have been fixed. I just printed a certificate and it was within usual tolerance for sizing and centering.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”