LCR 4.4.10 release notes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LCR 4.4.10 release notes

Post by lajackson »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Tried this again and still can't get a Primary Completion certificate for those 11yr olds that are turning 12 later in the year.
Correct. And as posted earlier, there are no current plans to change this.
djfarstead

Post by djfarstead »

jonesrk wrote:Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead is the same thing. I've got the information ready to make the change, but I'm waiting for final approval. Once I get that the name will change and the priesthood restriction will be added.
I follow many LDS Family History discussion boards (yammer and facebook). And the majority of people there have been told by their Area Seventy that these are NOT the same calling. So when you say you are waiting for final approval, does that mean they haven't made the decision to go through with it or not?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

djfarstead wrote:
jonesrk wrote:Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead is the same thing. I've got the information ready to make the change, but I'm waiting for final approval. Once I get that the name will change and the priesthood restriction will be added.
I follow many LDS Family History discussion boards (yammer and facebook). And the majority of people there have been told by their Area Seventy that these are NOT the same calling. So when you say you are waiting for final approval, does that mean they haven't made the decision to go through with it or not?
The change just was done today (there may be a delay in seeing the update in LCR due to caching). The old position Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead is now Ward Temple and Family History Leader and requires the person to be a Melchizedek Priesthood holder. Everyone that used to be in that position is now a Ward Temple and Family History Consultant.
jamesguy

Post by jamesguy »

When is the Church going to update LCR so that the Action and interview list aligns youth interviews for advancements in accordance with the new guidance. Is the bishop suppose to inview youth approaching advancement in January as well as their birthday month?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Jamesguy wrote:When is the Church going to update LCR so that the Action and interview list aligns youth interviews for advancements in accordance with the new guidance. Is the bishop suppose to inview youth approaching advancement in January as well as their birthday month?
The Action and Interview List will be updated "later." As far as I know, we have not received requirements for updating the report.

Until then, I would follow the instructions in the "Age-Group Progression for Children and Youth" attachment to the First Presidency letter dated December 14, 2018.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

lajackson wrote:
chris_hazeldine wrote:Tried this again and still can't get a Primary Completion certificate for those 11yr olds that are turning 12 later in the year.
Correct. And as posted earlier, there are no current plans to change this.
Changed the DOB - printed certificate them put DOB back to the correct one :-) all sorted and presented in Sacrament meeting :-)
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Changed the DOB - printed certificate them put DOB back to the correct one :-) all sorted and presented in Sacrament meeting :-)
I’m usually the first to say that clerks are just looking for an immediate way to resolve whatever issue is causing them pain at that moment. There are some stories I can tell about creative solutions that clerks have come up with to address some issue that was causing them pain.

Having said that, please don’t do things like this. Tweaking records to bypass business rules has the potential to cause problems. This case should be relatively benign (we’ll know for sure when we end up discussing it on Monday), but please don’t.

Also, please go back and read the answer to question 6 in the attachment to the First Presidency letter announcing these changes.
chris_hazeldine

I am not the clerk - Bishop and something pretty simple as this change creates whole bunch of business rules that get held up trying to process advancements when the software doesn’t support the changes.

Appreciate your comments but needed a work around and that was it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Appreciate your comments but needed a work around and that was it.
Perhaps you missed the part of Question and Answer #6 that said Primary graduation certificates are no longer presented in Sacrament Meeting?

It seems to me that the business rules support that, hard-wired traditions not withstanding.
chris_hazeldine

Handbook 2 says:

The bishop and his counselors recognize each young man in sacrament meeting when he advances from Primary to the Aaronic Priesthood, when he is to be ordained to an office in the priesthood, and when he has completed the Duty to God

Hard to keep track of what is and isn’t supposed to be done. Recognise and give them the certificate seems still appropriate to me. But thanks for pointing out that maybe the handbooks are failing to keep up with the change even though I had a stake training last week where they said the online handbook is being updated as things change.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”