Mark "Opt out" for Send a Message

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lmwitten

Mark "Opt out" for Send a Message

Post by lmwitten »

Is there a way to mark someone "do not send emails to" in this tool? I am using it to send stake wide communications and members are replying asking to be removed from the all stake email distribution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mark "Opt out" for Send a Message

Post by russellhltn »

Not at this time. It's unknown if it's under consideration.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brotherhill

Post by brotherhill »

As a temporary band-aid, we have found that the email address has to be an "individual email" address in the system for recipients to receive it. Thus, if a person requests this, you can move their email in the system from "individual email" to "household email" for that one person. That means you do not lose their email in the system but there is no accidental way to email them in group emails.

On the reverse side of this, if people have their "household email" listed but it is not also copied to the "individual email" field, they will not get the email--even if they desire to.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Could a person be excluded from mass emails by adding text to the email field that makes it an invalid email address? For example, if the email address on a member's record were "example@example.com", could I disable it by changing the email address field to "example@example.com (not for mass emails)"?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:Could a person be excluded from mass emails by adding text to the email field that makes it an invalid email address? For example, if the email address on a member's record were "example@example.com", could I disable it by changing the email address field to "example@example.com (not for mass emails)"?
Apparently not. I am the ward clerk and to test this, I tried to modify my wife's personal email address by replacing "@" with "-at-" so I could try to use the Send a Message tool to send to her. The system would not let me save because the email address was not a valid format.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”