CDOL Access for assistant stake clerks

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:Hopefully the further discussions will result in at least one ward level clerk with access. The bishop has so many things to do I'd much rather provide him with this kind of information myself rather than making him take the time to do it. But I know there are many considerations and we may not be aware of all of them.
Good news!

According to a modification made to the wiki article Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders‎, at the ward level not only bishops, but also bishopric counselors, ward executive secretaries, and ward clerks now have access to the online CDOL (similarly for branches).

Of course these people must be properly entered in MLS with standardized callings and must have an LDS Account. But this will be helpful for wards.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Good news!

According to a modification made to the wiki article Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders‎, at the ward level not only bishops, but also bishopric counselors, ward executive secretaries, and ward clerks now have access to the online CDOL (similarly for branches).

Of course these people must be properly entered in MLS with standardized callings and must have an LDS Account. But this will be helpful for wards.
I just saw that myself and have verified that it is correct (at least for ward clerks).
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote:Of course these people must be properly entered in MLS with standardized callings and must have an LDS Account. But this will be helpful for wards.
Interesting. I can now log in (was unable to before), but get this message at the top of the page:
Your assignment has no rights assigned which allow you to view information within the Church Directory. You are currently recorded in the following active assignments. Please contact <email deleted> for clarification or questions.
Ward Assistant Clerk--Finance
The message is true. No information is visible to me. I realize this information would be of limited use to my calling, but it sure would have been handy when I was trying to contact the financial clerk from a neighboring stake about an outstanding check we sent to them.

At least I know our "Wark Assistant Clerk--Membership" is on the ball with the standardized callings. :D
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:The message is true. No information is visible to me. I realize this information would be of limited use to my calling, but it sure would have been handy when I was trying to contact the financial clerk from a neighboring stake about an outstanding check we sent to them.
At least for now, assistant ward clerks are not on the list of those granted access that is in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders wiki article. So the behavior you are seeing is not surprising, given your current calling.

On those rare occasions that you need such information, it should be easy enough for your ward clerk to get it for you.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote:At least for now, assistant ward clerks are not on the list of those granted access that is in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders wiki article. So the behavior you are seeing is not surprising, given your current calling.
I see that now. I got excited and went to the site before I scrolled all the way down the wiki page. :o
Alan_Brown wrote:On those rare occasions that you need such information, it should be easy enough for your ward clerk to get it for you.
It certainly shortens the loop now. As I recall, it was a call to my Stake Clerk, who gave me the number of the other Stake Clerk, who had to give me the number of his Financial Clerk. :p
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

oregonmatt wrote:Interesting. I can now log in (was unable to before), but get this message at the top of the page:
This message is actually quite an improvement, as before (a few months back) when I or you (as assistant ward clerks) logged into CDOL, it would appear we authenticated and were granted access. However, a search or a browse of units would result in empty results and a mostly blank screen. No indication was provided to let the user know that they actually didn't have access to this sensitive information.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mkmurray wrote:This message is actually quite an improvement, as before (a few months back) when I or you (as assistant ward clerks) logged into CDOL, it would appear we authenticated and were granted access. However, a search or a browse of units would result in empty results and a mostly blank screen. No indication was provided to let the user know that they actually didn't have access to this sensitive information.
This message was actually added as a result of these forums and realizing that people were getting in and not understanding why nothing seemed to work.

Thanks for your help in improving the product.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

ryan jones wrote:This message was actually added as a result of these forums and realizing that people were getting in and not understanding why nothing seemed to work.

Thanks for your help in improving the product.
You're welcome for the unintentional validation of the change. :D

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”