Ministering Secretary Cannot Access LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
iamkcerb

Ministering Secretary Cannot Access LCR

Post by iamkcerb »

Hi all,

I'm not sure where to go with tech support issues like this. I'm in an elders quorum presidency and our recently called ministering secretary is not able to access LCR. He is shown as having the calling (sustained and set apart) according to my view of LCR but when he syncs his mobile device no "reports" tab appears. I asked him to log in to LCR on the web, but he says he also does not have access there (not sure on the details of that at the moment).

I don't see any other troubleshooting methods available to me except to ensure that he has the calling in LCR and that his mobile device is synced with his account. His calling was entered into LCR more than a month ago so I don't think it's any kind of cache issue / me trying to access too quickly.

What's the next step in troubleshooting that folks can recommend?

-KC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Secretary Cannot Access LCR

Post by russellhltn »

iamkcerb wrote:What's the next step in troubleshooting that folks can recommend?
Set him down with the ward clerk/ward membership clerk and check things.

The critical points:
  • The calling must be recorded as a standard position (not custom).
  • It has to have been recorded 24+ hours ago.
  • The MRN on the account he's using (check in ldsaccount.lds.org) must match the MRN of the person holding the calling (clerk can verify). Possible issues include using the wrong lds account, wrong MRN, confusion between father/son in recording calling, duplicate membership record
If the clerk can't figure it out, he can contact membership support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

What mobile device is he using? Older devices IOS/Android may not support the Ministering option. See other posts, in the forum, about these issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:What mobile device is he using? Older devices IOS/Android may not support the Ministering option. See other posts, in the forum, about these issues.
That would be true of LDS Tools. But OP is indicating LCR. I don't remember hearing of problems accessing LCR with a different browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:What mobile device is he using? Older devices IOS/Android may not support the Ministering option. See other posts, in the forum, about these issues.
That would be true of LDS Tools. But OP is indicating LCR. I don't remember hearing of problems accessing LCR with a different browser.
He also indicated that his mobile device doesn’t present a Reports option! Until his access in LCR is resolved, this is a mute point.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes. For troubleshooting LDS Tools, it's the same steps for LCR plus making sure they've done a sync.

iamkcerb

Post by iamkcerb »

Thanks everyone for the great advice! (And so fast too!)

Our Ministering Secretary was out today so I'll catch up with him and work through the suggestions provided here. I'll reply here when I learn more / resolve the issue.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”