Ministering Access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dlaw007

Ministering Access

Post by dlaw007 »

Hello,

I'm a new ward clerk and have had several members that have come up to me and told me they no longer have access to view the ministering list.

Relief Society - Compassionate Service
Relief Society - Secretary

Side Note, Ward Mission Leader requested access to that as well - I'm not sure if that's an option.

Any idea if something changed or what do you suggest I do?

Thanks for the help!

-Bro. Law
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Access

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect that with the new update, the rules for who has access has changed. All you can do is make sure that each has been properly recorded in their calling as a standard position (not a custom one). Access is determined by CHQ. There's nothing the local units can do other than properly recording callings. (Note that it can take up to 24 hours after the calling is recorded before they gain access.)

You might also check and make sure that each person is using the LDS Account that has a MRN that matches the MRN of the person granted the calling. I've seen cases where someone is using a spouse's account and wonder why they don't have access. (The MRN on a temple recommend can be wrong.) I'd do that for the RS Secretary, as that one seems odd. Duplicate membership records can also cause problems.

You can use feedback on the LCR page to request review, and why a certain calling should have access, but that's about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

According to the Access Table, the compassionate service leader and ward mission leader should both be able to view the Ministering Assignments report but not the screens where assignments are edited. The RS secretary should have full access.

As russellhltn said, make sure they are entered with the correct standard calling.

Also, it's possible that they were accessing the report using one of the tiles on the main screen and the tiles may have changed with the recent release. Check to see if they can access it using the menu.
utahjustme8

Post by utahjustme8 »

I am RS secretary and I do not seem to have access to the ministering report. What do I need to do?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

utahjustme8 wrote:I am RS secretary and I do not seem to have access to the ministering report. What do I need to do?
The access table identifies the RS Presidency and the RS Ministering Secretary as the only callings having access for the Relief Society. If your responsibilities include recording/managing ministering assignments and there is no other sister called as the ministering secretary, then the RS president could speak to the bishop about you being given the additional calling as RS Ministering Secretary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:The access table identifies the RS Presidency and the RS Ministering Secretary as the only callings having access for the Relief Society.
From what I've seen the secretary is included as part of the organization presidency for rights purposes in LCR. I know that they are not listed separately in the access table but they do have access to LCR for organizational purposes (viewing rolls, editing callings, etc). So I think the RS secretary should have rights to edit ministering assignments if the calling is entered correctly and if it's been at least 24 hours since the calling was recorded.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:So I think the RS secretary should have rights to edit ministering assignments if the calling is entered correctly and if it's been at least 24 hours since the calling was recorded.
And the MRN on the LDS Account being used matches the MRN of the "RS Secretary".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mattasplund

Post by mattasplund »

I have my RS compassionate service coordinator that has access to ministering assignments through LCR, but not through LDS Tools on Android. Is this a bug in LDS tools?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”