Spanish Group Leader

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mrjthomas

Spanish Group Leader

Post by mrjthomas »

Hello, I have been called by my Branch President to be the Spanish Group Leader in a Small Branch in Texas. Previously I was the Branch Mission Leader and had access to reports. I now have NO access to anything. Additionally, I used to be on the "Branch Council" so when a notification was sent out I used to get notified now -ZIP. Also I used to receive "official communications" and now - NOTHING ! My Question: Since there is no official calling on LCR for a Spanish Group leader, our branch clerk tried to create a "custom calling" but still was unable to give me access or add me to the branch council. HELP me please. Thanks- Brother Thomas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Spanish Group Leader

Post by russellhltn »

Only standard positions have any rights. There is no other way to grant access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrjthomas

Post by mrjthomas »

Thank You for your response.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you need access to online records (I could see how it might be useful in your calling) you could suggest to your branch president that you also be called to be a branch assistant clerk. That would give you online access to records for your group (and the branch). The stake would need to approve the calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mrjthomas

Post by mrjthomas »

Will make the suggestion. Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First, the calling has to be approved by the stake. Second, it grants some very broad privileges - probably more than desired or needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrjthomas

Post by mrjthomas »

Thank you for the help. I am a bit surprised that there is not a way of doing this. Especially since GROUPS (Language, sign, etc). Are very common in the church why the “church” has not come out with a way of creating this custom calling. The handbook addresses “group leaders” so it would seem that this is a real calling. Again thanks for the help.... One of you that has the ear of the Church TECH go-roo’s maybe can make a suggestion! Thanks again
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Software developers do not make those decisions. They receive software requirements from general Church leaders and departments. The most effective way for you to make your suggestion is to use the Feedback link at the bottom of LCR or any other web page on lds.org. Another method is through your priesthood channels.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrjthomas wrote:Thank you for the help. I am a bit surprised that there is not a way of doing this. Especially since GROUPS (Language, sign, etc). Are very common in the church why the “church” has not come out with a way of creating this custom calling. The handbook addresses “group leaders” so it would seem that this is a real calling.
Yes, it is (I found a mention in Handbook 1: 9.1.4). But the responsibilities are extremely limited. The responsibility seems to be limited to the meetings themselves. They receive no priesthood keys. It is the parent unit that has the membership records and retains the responsibilities.

Also, there is no way to designate on the membership records who is in a group and who isn't. So, there's nothing that can be shown or reported about the group. Nor is there a way to grant special access to the group's information without granting the same access to the entire unit's membership.

Bottom line, I think this comes down to a question of the group leader's responsibilities, the limitations of the membershp information and adjusting everyone's expectations accordingly. As a Ward Mission Leader, you were part of the Ward Council which did have "general responsibility for the well-being of ward members."

The best way to advocate for change is to ask the stake presicent to inquire with his presiding athority. (However, there's a very good chance that the responsiblities will get clarified instead.)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”