Stake Relief Society Access to Ward Information

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ccnuttall

Re: Stake Relief Society Access to Ward Information

Post by ccnuttall »

How do I train new ward Relief Society presidents about using the welfare online access when I can't access the sections for food orders?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ccnuttall wrote:How do I train new ward Relief Society presidents about using the welfare online access when I can't access the sections for food orders?
From the LCR FAQS: "Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. ... It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities."

Given the access, I guess the idea is for stake leaders to teach principles and the clerk to teach the tools. Otherwise, the training would have to be "over the shoulder" training.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am a ward clerk, but I don't believe I have access to the food order system. I will poke around to see if I can find it.

Edit:
Found it!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jamess1

Post by jamess1 »

should stake relief society presidencies conduct ministering interviews in their assigned wards
jamess1

Post by jamess1 »

If a face to face interview has not taken place within the quarter but at least one of the assigned Ministering sisters has provided feedback via phone. email or suchlike, can it be recorded as a ministering interview being done in that quarter being done
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jamess1 wrote:should stake relief society presidencies conduct ministering interviews in their assigned wards
I see nothing in Handbook 2: 9.5 and 9.8 that suggests they would be.

15.4.1 says: "The principal responsibilities of stake auxiliary presidencies are to assist the stake presidency and to instruct and support ward auxiliary presidencies. They do not fulfill assignments that should be fulfilled on the ward or family level."

As such, I could see a stake RS presidency sitting in as part of training, but it seems pretty clear they wouldn't be doing the work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jamess1 wrote:If a face to face interview has not taken place within the quarter but at least one of the assigned Ministering sisters has provided feedback via phone. email or suchlike, can it be recorded as a ministering interview being done in that quarter being done
Good question. Handbook 2: 9.5.4 does say "Interviews ... need not be long to be effective." and "Preferably" it's done face to face with both ministers. However, I personally hesitate to call a one-way communication like a voice message or a email an "interview". Ultimately, it's the local leaders that have the keys to interpret the Handbook. If they have questions, they can consult with their presiding authority.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”