RS Ministering Assignments ONLY Printing Full Households, not individual sisters

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lynayahernandez

RS Ministering Assignments ONLY Printing Full Households, not individual sisters

Post by lynayahernandez »

With the new Ministering LDS.org tools, I have tried to email and print the new RS ministering assignments to distribute. I can't find ANY way to print the assignments listing ONLY the sister to whom they are assigned. No matter what I try, each assignment prints or emails as an entire household (as it would for an EQ ministering which would be appropriate because they have priesthood stewardship involving all members of the household). But RS assignments should only be for individual sisters, not the whole household, am I right? This is a huge bummer because now I will have to individually highlight the sister within the household to whom each sister is ministering individually. That's a major bummer. Does anyone have a better way to share with me? Help! :(
davesudweeks

Re: RS Ministering Assignments ONLY Printing Full Households, not individual sisters

Post by davesudweeks »

The printout lists the family the sister is in, including the husband's name and names and ages of the children. I'm positive my wife would complain if her list only included the sister and not the children (and their ages). She feels that is an important part of RS Ministering (she is not in the RS presidency).

If you feel it is important to print an assignment list with only the assigned sister and no family information, you might use the feedback link at the bottom of the page to express your desires. There is no guarantee it will cause a change, but at least your reasoning will be routed to those who can put it in plans for a future update. There is likely no one frequenting this user-to-user help forum who has the ability to make the change you are requesting.
lynayahernandez

Re: RS Ministering Assignments ONLY Printing Full Households, not individual sisters

Post by lynayahernandez »

I understand the need for knowing the whole household, but that information is available on a simple directory search. We have several households with more than one sister living there, so we will need to specify which sister is assigned on many of our printouts. I wish there were an option to print only individuals or the entire household. Right now, I don't see an option.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lynayahernandez wrote:But RS assignments should only be for individual sisters, not the whole household, am I right?
As davesudweeks suggested, I would think that a sister would be able to more effectively minister if she were aware of the family situation of the sister for whom she has been asked to care. Perhaps (I don't know for sure) that is the reason the complete family listing is there. The needs of a single sister living alone would be quite different from a sister who is caring for children and/or other family members.

In addition, the Relief Society now is working together with the elders quorum to strengthen the entire family. In the April 2, 2018 letter that was to be read in sacrament meeting, the First Presidency said that the separate programs of home teaching and visiting teaching are now a coordinated effort referred to as "ministering," overseen by the elders quorum and Relief Society presidencies under the direction of the bishop.

Ministering, it seems to me, is very different than visiting teaching (or home teaching).
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Ahh, I understand. We have situations in our ward where young adult daughters have a different ministering sister set from the mother. In certain circumstances, it makes sense to put grown children in their own household at the same address. That will separate them as you wish - you should discuss with the bishop or branch president if you feel this would be appropriate and the clerk can make that happen very easily.

Otherwise, I recommend you provide the feedback and list your reasons. In the meantime, the discussion of which specific sister is assigned could happen during the initial ministering interview when making the assignment and noted manually. Perhaps someone else on the forum has a workaround they can add if they have dealt with this.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”