Welfare Service Requests

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
malukaly

Welfare Service Requests

Post by malukaly »

I am a Bishop that is trying to add my RS Counselors as order preparers. The system shows that they are ready and they have LDS.org accounts. However, when they login as themselves, they do not have the menu option to create. The RS President has been able to assign an order to a counselor where they are able to follow a link and then work on it.

Is this by design? Or am I overlooking a step?

Thank you!

Bishop Carter
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Welfare Service Requests

Post by russellhltn »

malukaly wrote:Is this by design?
I'd say "probably". Note that Handbook 2: 9.6.1 talks about the RS President, not the Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
malukaly

Post by malukaly »

Looks like I made a faulty assumption that they would be able to be directed through Leader and Clerk Resources. The Settings section where you can add others states:

"The Relief Society president, bishop, and bishop's counselors are able to help prepare orders by default. If you would like to assign additional ward/branch members to help prepare orders, add them to this list. Individuals must be at least 18 years old and have an active LDS Account. Instruct them to use welfareservices.lds.org to prepare the assigned orders."

Initial tests prove it out that you need to direct them to welfareservices.lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Thanks for the report-back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”