Ministering Sisters

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
stevenmichaelchesser

Ministering Sisters

Post by stevenmichaelchesser »

My Relief Society President is saying she can’t add her ministering sisters assignments like she used to be able to add visiting teachers. Anyone know a work around?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Sisters

Post by russellhltn »

What problem is she running into? She should be able to set things up just like with VT. The big issue is that currently she can only assign sisters in Relief Society. The ability to add youth is not there yet. That most likely will be fixed in/by August.

The only work around is to record those on paper until the software is fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrydjeski

Post by mrydjeski »

I would like to know how to print a report of ministering assignments by ministering sister. For example, all the sisters Jane Smith is assigned to, all the sisters Judy Jones is assigned to--so I can see all the sisters each ministering sister has. Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mrydjeski wrote:I would like to know how to print a report of ministering assignments by ministering sister.
I use the Companionships tab, press Print, and select the Companionships Report. I change the selection to Single Copy.
karitate

Post by karitate »

How do you add Ministering Sisters to a household? I select edit by the household, type in the ministering sisters name, however the box turns red and will not allow me to save.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

karitate wrote:How do you add Ministering Sisters to a household? I select edit by the household, type in the ministering sisters name, however the box turns red and will not allow me to save.
Something isn't computing for me. Unless the language changed, a "household" is a grouping of husband/wife/children and is a function of the membership records. It's not available to the Relief Society for editing, nor does it really have a connection (that I can think of) to Ministering by the Relief Society. (It's the Elder's Quorum that Ministers by Household.)

Did you mean district or companionship? That's the only grouping that makes sense to me as far as "Ministering" and Relief Society.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
karitate

Post by karitate »

It lists the sister's name and then Ministering Sisters (which is the field I am trying to edit), but the tabs above are Overview, Households, Companionships.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

karitate wrote:I select edit by the household, type in the ministering sisters name, however the box turns red and will not allow me to save.
As you type the name it should show the matching companionships below the box. You need to click on one of those options and then it should enable the save button.

If it doesn't show you any options then there isn't a companionship already created which matches that name. In that case go to the Companionship tab and add a new companionship with the appropriate sisters.
engineer1

Post by engineer1 »

This should get you to the screen where you can edit if you are in a presidency (not sure if this will work for secretaries)
lds.org
my account and ward
leader and clerk resources
organizations
ministering
relief society
companionships
edit
Bharrie

Post by Bharrie »

I need to assign a ministering sister and her husband to a sister (the Quorum would add the husband as a ministering brother). When I create the assignment, it pulls up the sister companionship. I need to add only 1of the sisters represented in the companionship.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”